Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your best shot, and worst miss?

Let's have some fun,

What is the shot you are most proud of.... and what is the shot you are most embarrassed of.

Best: Was a wild hog at 45 yards at night.
    Worst: Missed a doe at 18 yards :/

most proud: a jack rabbit pushing 100yds from a pick up bed with a 22 pistol, total hold my beer watch this.

worst: missed a head shot on a deer after talking crap with my dad that i could hit it....he was about 60 yds away.

Comment

Best was an 8pt at 42 yards.
      Worst was a miss on a big 10 at 19 yards. I shot low.

It was a good thing I missed because landowner said that the 10 was off limits After the fact.

Comment

180 yard doe in west texas mid Trot. Dad kept asking me to take the shot. I guesstamated the wind ( heavy wind day ) and distance and pulled. She kept on trotting then rolled. I was amazed.

Worst... Buck at about 15 yrs :/ ( I missed another with a bow at about the same distance. Never heard of "jumping the string " before. Mule deer do it though. )

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
          180 yard doe in west texas mid Trot. Dad kept asking me to take the shot. I guesstamated the wind ( heavy wind day ) and distance and pulled. She kept on trotting then roll. I was amazed.

Worst... Buck at about 15 yrs :/ ( I missed another with a bow at about the same distance. Never heard of "jumping the string " before. Mule deer do it though. )
          Yeah my doe jumped the string too, I was high regardless.

Comment

What is this miss you speak of?

Comment

Best with a bow: hog at 120 yards
              Worst: missed a doe at 15 yards the first time I went bowhunting

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechshooter View Post
                Best with a bow: hog at 120 yards
                Worst: missed a doe at 15 yards the first time I went bowhunting
                Jesus, what weight are you drawing?

Comment

Best: Grackle at 20 yards with bow. They were eating all my dang corn and I was tired of not seeing deer!!

Worst- 10 pt buck 6 weeks earlier at 20 yards under same feeder. Come to find out bow wasn't tuned correctly. It was fixed before hitting the grackle....lol

Comment

best, is 300 yard .270 8pt on the run dropped em (would never take that shot again I was young)

Worst, spot stalking a buck I had been chasing for the whole season got within 20 yards drew didn't check my line of sight and whamo hit the barbwire fence 10yards away and watched my arrow sail into the distance

Comment

Best:hog at 20yrds in the dark just using instinct, couldn't see through peep or pins.

Worst: shot right under a mid 160's 10 point in Kansas last year

Comment

Best: elevated stand ,100 yard shot 7mm mag ,turkey neck shot ,right where I was aiming...
                        worst : missed a clear shot on whitetail buck standing broad side from 50 yards away with scoped rifle...Now that's SAD!!!
                        Last edited by k-town; 02-24-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Missed a 180" buck at 40 yards. Shot right under his chest. That was the last time I hunted without a rangefinder.

I also shot a young doe with my .270 at 30 yards. I hit her and she was not hard to track. Her intestines looked like Christmas lights strung though the woods. By the time I go to her she had pretty much field dressed herself! I felt horrible!

Best shot - 7" Texas Spiny Lizard decapitated at 25 yards from my 17' tree stand. Skewered a squirrel at 40 yards.... I sometimes get bored when there isnt a lot of action.

Comment

Best was at a big deer I shot last year. I was never out of control, i was patient for the shot, never felt rushed always felt under control. I had to let down once on the second draw I was locked on my spots and tracking the armpit. At the second I put pressure on the trigger he made a move away from me in that split second I instinctively aimed farther back (quartered away). The arrow went in mid body but came out right through the heart. Deer was dead on the run and made it about 40 yards. When he got opened up it was a perfect shot. I call it my best because I honestly felt under control the whole time and was thinking about my decision making all along the way. It's not just the result of the shot but what was going on that made me feel it was my best.

My worst with a bow was just about every one of them for the first couple years of bowhunting. Arrow would be away and I'd always think to myself what the heck just happened. I got away with a bunch of bad ones.

For me perfect is the process in my head not the result. I've had a lot of bad shots that ended up killing the deer. Candidly most of my really bad shots were with a gun, I can't recall losing a deer with a bow I can recall flat out misses and lost animals with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by taylor202 View Post
                              Jesus, what weight are you drawing?
                              that was 70 lbs out of a 340 fps ibo bow at 29.5 inch dl with a nice sharp cut on contact

Comment

Working...
                              X