HOA got me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post
    And once you took over, felt the power, did they start calling you "Governor"?

Man, I hope someone gets this.
    Walking dead

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
      Why wood someone live in a hoa subdivision dont get it at all!

So that when they decide to sell it 30 years later and after 30 years of hell from the HOA's the house is worth an extra $5,000 since the neighborhood still reasonably kept up. I don't understand it either.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        my hoa hates my guts. I turned in a lay out on a 40x80 building. It has to match the house. That means it has to be bricked. In my letter i told them i will brick but the building will be up for about a year so i can regroup on money. They said no. So i asked for a meeting so i could get the reason on paper that they said no. There reason was one year to long. I had four months. Or no building. I just started laughing. I showed them in there by laws that they have 30 days to respond or i can do what i want. Then i showed them that they received my letter 35 days ago. Hehe. I built a building.
        awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Wipe your arse with it and give it back to them.
          x2

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            So that when they decide to sell it 30 years later and after 30 years of hell from the HOA's the house is worth an extra $5,000 since the neighborhood still reasonably kept up. I don't understand it either.
            It actually does keep values up some.

I agree most HOAs are filled with dummies. A lot of letters are BS7 - BS10.

But in there defense it does take a lot of money to keep those pools up and running. And costs a lot for landscaping and upkeep of main entrances. My wife worked for a HOA before she became a teacher and she hated the homeowners who had nothing better to do except file complaints. But they HAVE to send letters when they receive complaints. I don't think they have to fine you. For letters just chill and talk to them before freaking out.

BTW - No HOAs can't help how much that carp costs either. Thank the lawyers for most of it.

Comment

I have always thought HOAs are a waste.
              Deed Restrictions cover all I need to worry about.
              If I can't get to my grass for a couple of days the value of the area isn't going to drop.
              When I was in Houston I put Palm leaves on the roof of an storage bld. and my outside bar and BBQ area by the pool, they jumped my ***** with letters going to do this and that.
              I took them to court and won.
              They paid court cost, lost work time, everything and I never sent them another dime.
              The Bill of Rights is a great thing.

Comment

I will never buy a house in a hoa setup

Comment

Years ago my HOA sent me a letter that my trash can had not been put away soon enough. This one was a warning with a picture in the letter. Few months go by and I get a second one with a $50 fine and a picture of my trash can at the curb at 7:15 the next morning. So I filled out a check took a picture of it and sent it to them. No response from them. Year later I get a third letter but no picture. So I started to send them a check every month for one dolor a month.

Comment

yep got to love them

Comment

Originally posted by bigbird View Post
                      I will never buy a house in a hoa setup
                      Same here.

Comment

Yall too easy .. Just like a jury summons .. It comes by mail .. Not certified can't ever prove you got the letter or fine ..

Yea I hate my HOA but that's about the only thing in kingwood .. Trash cans have to be outta visible sight blah blah blah .. Mine sits in corner of detached garage have gotten a few letters over 4 years and I still haven't moved garbage can ..

Comment

Why on earth would I pay someone to come and tell me what I can and can't do on my own property?

Comment

HOA's are a commie plot... My folks lived in one and it took all my strength not to slap the president to his knees for his stupid rhetoric...

I will never live under commie rule.

Comment

I had a guy that I worked with that got letters because he put his trash out before he left for work. He had to leave at 4:30 to be at work on time. That was just unacceptable to them. He had no other choice, he lived alone. No way I could live in a neighborhood and deal with hoa bs. I don't blame your wife, I would have let them know how I felt about each letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                                I had a guy that I worked with that got letters because he put his trash out before he left for work. He had to leave at 4:30 to be at work on time. That was just unacceptable to them. He had no other choice, he lived alone. No way I could live in a neighborhood and deal with hoa bs. I don't blame your wife, I would have let them know how I felt about each letter.
                                I got those all the time when I worked nights. Had to put it out a whopping 2 hours early

Comment

Working...
                                X