No announcement yet.

Skoal Tabacco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, some people just over do everything. I dipped a lot more than my share of tabacco. I could drink and eat with it. But I never dipped a can a day. I'm sure glad I quit!!!

Comment

I’m afraid to do the math. Probably could of gone on some great hunts

Comment

I'm glad I don't let tobacco control my life any longer!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          It's cheaper in Kansas but it's not much more expensive in Oklahoma. Copenhagen is expensive in Texas. But then again they all seem that way to me. I stock up before I go down there huntin. It's pretty expensive.
          A ton cheaper here in Georgia also, like 4 and some change a can last time I got a can probably 2 years ago or so.

Comment

It was a big reason I quit. I was really mad at Redman 3 bags a day. 6 dollar a day habit about 10 years ago it jumped to 10 dollars a bag. 30 dollars a day was to much and didn't get much out of it so I started doing crack now I work on weedeaters in the middle of the night.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I quit last Jan. Cold turkey after 36 years. Just decided my little girls request could not be ignored any longer.

Comment

its tough when the gov ment has a hand in it

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Seems like a pretty good deal on a van. Especially if it’s running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I said I was Quieting when it went over $.75, then again at $1.00 and $2.00 and so on. Finally kicked the habit after 37 years. It wasn't the money that made me stop, I just decided to stop. I would have dipped it at $10 a can.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      And I know a guy that goes through A ROLL each day.....

No joke....

I have pleaded with him to stop or at least cut it in half for now...he cant stop. He literally changes his dip out every 20-30 mins
                      HOLY CHIT! That's $10k plus every year. I wish I had a habit that I could kick to save that much money. I would be a hunting a fishing machine!

Comment

I was at the dentist years ago. New one. He was checking out my gums and such and kept going back to this one spot. He asked is that where you put your dip. I said yes. It has to go right there. He told me to try and start moving it around. I hadn't even told him I dipped. Threw the can away and haven't touched it since.

Comment

I'm a quitter... 3 years+ for me. Maybe once or twice a year I will bum one off a buddy. Just doesnt do it for me anymore. Not to mention the health issues....

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            I was at the dentist years ago. New one. He was checking out my gums and such and kept going back to this one spot. He asked is that where you put your dip. I said yes. It has to go right there. He told me to try and start moving it around. I hadn't even told him I dipped. Threw the can away and haven't touched it since.

My dad quit after 25 years with an almost identical story.

I dipped for 15 years and hd really good luck cutting back and stopping with the Smokey mountain herbal snuff and Zyn pouches. Not the same, but made quitting relatively painless.

Comment

I think if I wanted to quit I could pretty easily. A can last me about 2 days. I don't do it much when I'm at work. Seems like the less I have to do the more I dip or chew. I also do it more when I'm huntin for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                                Seems like a pretty good deal on a van. Especially if it’s running.

FTW

Comment

Working...
                                X