No announcement yet.

Hunting Alone At The Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have hunted alone for almost all my adult years of hunting. Still do today. I have made trips to Kansas, Trans Pecos and lower Panhandle alone to hunt for days many times. Some times other guys on the lease were there. When I hunted Mule Deer in Trans Pecos I hunted on a lease but rarely hunted with or had someone hunt with me. I prefer hunting alone for the most part.

Comment

I live/hunt on my own property and 99% of it is alone. Been through the lease thing and never liked it. My wife has to assist with taking care of her mom every other week so I am alone 1/2 the time anyway. I usually hunt at least 4 evenings/week and 2-3 mornings also but having safety concerns never cross my mind. I did have a fall this spring resulting in 66 stitches in my face but it hasn't affected my desire to hunt out of a tree. I am just more safety concerned when climbing into a stand.

Alone, you have more time to reflect on life and connect with the creator. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Doug Key

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        True I’m not. But I still think a guy is safer at the deer lease alone than driving down the highway. Way more likely to die in a car crash than be seriously injured while hunting.

Except in a car crash there is usually somebody there to drive past you and help, plus you have safety measures in place like a seatbelt or a vehicle engineered to protect you. . One wrong move in the woods and you are all alone on your back or snakebit in a bad signal area and can't get help. And its natural to have somebody that cares about you, depends on you, is the father or mother of your kids and has been a part of your life for years, worried about you. Not to mention most wives couldn't get to their husband or tell somebody how to get to their husband even if he needed help. My wife has told me it is a helpless feeling at times if she hasn't heard from me on a check in 5 hours away knowing I'm alone. I do my best to keep that from happening.

Comment

I'm not a loner by any means. But I've gotten to where I enjoy being at the lease alone.
          The other guys are all good guys, but I am the only one on the lease without a long time good friend there. So, when others are there, I often feel like a third wheel.
          If guys are there without their 'BFF', I can enjoy being around them more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually hunt alone, because of shift work

Comment

The former editor of Bowhunter Dwight Schuh wrote a nice piece years ago about why he prefers to hunt alone. I think he quoted Marlene Dietrich "I prefer to be alone". I am hunting alone right now, and sure is peaceful. Bring on a big buck to keep me company.

Comment

Anybody else go out much earlier and stay out later when they hunt Alone?
                When hog hunting hunt , I️ was in the blind at 4:45 am. FYI no pigs!

Comment

I find when I hunt alone I do go out earlier, stay longer and get back in the stand earlier. Rather hunt than sit in camp and visit with myself. I even sat on a stand after dark this past weekend for about an hour and shot a big fat coon that came in to spin off some corn for himself.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

Working...
                  X