Belize expert needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belize expert needed!!

So, after deliberating with the fiancé, for the money and proximity of activities, my fiancé and I are leaning heavily on Belize as a honeymoon destination for 10 days between June 4-13.

So, who’s been and what can you tell us. Activities we are looking into are an archeological cave tour, Mayan ruin, zip lining, fishing the flats being a must as well as snorkeling, and possibly scuba diving as well as off shore/reef fishing.

Any other activities that are a must or we’ve over looked? Planning on staying at the coco beach resort on San Pedro. Food/drink cost around the area? Info on activities listed? Your knowledge is needed and appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before commenting on the activities were going to need to see a pic of the fiancé...haahaha

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Before commenting on the activities were going to need to see a pic of the fiancé...haahaha

Been plenty of pics of her posted here! You missed them I guess! Lol

Comment

I’m going to be truthful. Belize is a dump

Comment

Belize expert needed!!

Check out tranquility bay on ambergis caye. It's a 15 minute boat ride from town and completely isolated. They can book any type of tour or trip you want and get picked up from your door step. The tarpon fishing at night was awesome under the restaurant/bar lights and the bonefish can be caught on fly or spin tackle wading the beach there's miles to wade. We did lots of snorkeling, fishing, zip lines, cave tubing and cruised the town in golf carts. It was an awesome place for a true get away I'm not a crowded resort type of guy lol
          Last edited by Saltaholic; 01-31-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I've traveled all over the Carribeam, San Pedro Belize was by far my least favorite. They have back streets there that are literally made of trash, trash everywhere. If you just go a little ways away from the resorts you'll see it, in some places feet high along the beach. If you are looking to just hang at the resort you'll be fine, they keep those clean for the gringos... ... just my 02... I'll never go back.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              I’m going to be truthful. Belize is a dump
              Belize City is. The Cayes are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post

Comment

Well, kinda disappointed to see half the comments are that of the place being not so good.

Comment

Victoria House is supposed to be top notch. I plan on making a trip down there soon. One of those deals where you never leave the property except for fishing!

Comment

We just went for our 10-yr anniversary in April. Stayed on Ambergris Caye and split time between 2 hotels, both of which were fantastic in different ways. The Victoria House and the Phoenix, and I'm pretty comfortable saying they're 2 of the best on the Caye, though I'm sure there are a lot of nice places equally good.

San Pedro - I thought it was a perfect place to stay as it was right on fantastic reefs for snorkeling and is a great little town to have a good time. Lots of great restaurants and bars, not too expensive, and you can book excursions anywhere in Belize from there. What we did:

1. Mayan Ruins - We went to one of the larger ones. It required a 1.5 hour boatride followed by a 2 hour bus ride, but it went by fast. Tour guides talked the whole time and it was cool seeing the countryside of Belize. There are a bunch of different ruins you can visit varying in size and how long it takes to get there, but ours was massive and incredibly cool.

Cave Tubing - Read up on this a lot before you book a particular trip. Ours was actually kind of boring. You just got in intertubes and floated through a cave slowly being lead by a guide. No rapids, some cool sites, but it wasn't great. I think there were other trips you could take that were better. Just ask for the details behind what the trip entails. Ours was both cool and lame at the same time. Cool because you're tubing through a mountain, but you couldn't really see much and it went really slow.

Fishing - We did "reef" fishing which basically amounted to fishing in 6 ft of water for tiny snapper. I think our guide was just lazy and didn't want to take us far. Definitely do your research on this.

Snorkeling - Almost can't miss in our area. The reefs were fantastic and our guide actually took us to some secret spots he knew about. Really good snorkeling and scuba diving. Hard for me to envision this not being the highlight. We loved it.

Secret Beach - Rent a golf cart and drive out to the "secret beach" that everyone knows about. It's a half an hour trip, but it's a fun drive and the beach is a good place to chill. Basically just shallow, crystal clear water you can wade around in, but it's nice.

All in all, we had a blast and it was relatively inexpensive. No shortage of things to do, although 10 days is pretty dang long. We were there 7 nights.

Comment

Just got back from Belize , zip lined and cave tubing was awesome. 20 yrs ago honeymooned ambergris cay at San Pedro it was 1 st class and laid back didn't take the back roads tho

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          Well, kinda disappointed to see half the comments are that of the place being not so good.

Go stay in Caye Caulker. Now that place is beautiful and laid back. Wish we would have stayed there instead of San Pedro. It's about a 30 min boat ride from San Pedro and much cleaner and nicer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Do a search DD. There are a lot of threads on here about Belize. Lots of good info on what to do and where to stay.

Comment

I've been to St. Thomas, St. Croix, Aruba, Cabo, Costa Rico, and Belize.

Belize is definitely not as upscale as some of the others, but in many ways we had more fun. san Pedro is safe, has a lot to do, and is easy to get to. If you go on excursions, you find yourself driving through a lot of poor villages and whatnot, but the people were very friendly and honestly, you find that anywhere you go.

I wouldn't let people dissuade you. It's a great place.

Comment

Working...
                              X