Best remote view trail cam for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to get a remote view trail cam for the new lease. Lease is 5 hours away so won’t be able to check as often as I would like in person.

What has the GS used and recommends for such situations?

Only one I have experience with is the moultrie. It works for what it is but looking for something a little better without spending a fortune.

Sierracharlie out…

Cheap and reliable don’t belong in the same sentence for what you’re needing.

Covert Code Black with their solar panel and eneloop rechargeables. Set it and forget it.

Try to save some $ and you’ll regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Covert Code Black with their solar panel and eneloop rechargeables. Set it and forget it.

Not necessarily. Try Snyper cameras. I've been running mine for two years without hiccups. It takes more batteries than most other brands, so you don't have to mess with it as often too.

Comment

Someone asked me about these cameras this past week. Our biggest issue on our lease would be signal strength. Most days we’re lucky to get cell signal with At&t

Comment

I have tried several different brands and keep going back to my coverts. Once I got them set up properly they work great.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            Not necessarily. Try Snyper cameras. I've been running mine for two years without hiccups. It takes more batteries than most other brands, so you don't have to mess with it as often too.
            “Mess with it as often?”

I prefer don’t mess with it at all. That’s what you’ll get in what I’ve mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
              Someone asked me about these cameras this past week. Our biggest issue on our lease would be signal strength. Most days we’re lucky to get cell signal with At&t
              This is my problem too, my last lease and our small ETX property get 1 bar at the high points and nada elsewhere. Think we are SOL, no way to send the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Dang FND quit telling me what I already know! [emoji16]

Just cause I know it doesn’t mean I can try to be cheap first haha.

I was at the lease last weekend and I had plenty of signal so it shouldn’t be a problem for me.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  Dang FND quit telling me what I already know! [emoji16]

Just cause I know it doesn’t mean I can try to be cheap first haha.

I was at the lease last weekend and I had plenty of signal so it shouldn’t be a problem for me.

Sierracharlie out…
                  lol Well then get after it.

Comment

Just remember you are not locked in to getting a Cell cam that is the same provider as your cell phone. And typically a Cell cam will have better signal strength than your phone will.

And if your planning on just putting over some type of feeder, just start out with going with some type of external power. Solar if your setting in a sunny location or big external battery if in shady local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Last edited by Roscoe; 12-27-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I use the Moultrie field modems and have had zero trouble. Batteries last about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Back up… what’s your favorite remote view cam

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          I tried multiple times to open their website and it didn’t work.

Comment

I have a trap set for an axis doe that is hanging around the outside of my axis buck pen. What can I use to instantly tell me when she is in the trap. I Don't want her in there all night, beating her self up?

Comment

Spartan go camera. I had the covert and liked it but it only lasted a year and a half before it completely died. I did like it but decided to try something else and the Spartan Go Cam has worked flawlessly for the last year. I was in the same boat. I have a lease 5 hrs away and wanted to keep tabs on what was going on out there. After all of my research the two cameras that I found would work best for me were the Spartan and the covert because they only need one bar of service to send pics where other brands need 4 bars. The Spartan is the easiest set up I have ever seen and it works great.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X