Pulled a good one today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled a good one today

Well pulled the most stupid thing I've ever done today. Thought I would have a good shooting session today, was actually holding full draw longer and locking that pin before releasing.....too bad I forgot to load an arrow! My new bow sounded like a 22 lr being shot! I was very lucky there isn't any visible damage! I've been shooting arrows for most of my 53 years and this was the first time and the last! Lol. Really liking my New PSE bow after this stunt. Where is damage most liking to occur to a bow from a dry fire?

Funny thing I saw a video awhile back of another guy doing the same thing. I remember laughing and thinking how stupid you gotta be to do that? Well at least I didn't video my stunt! Lol everyone be safe and do a quick check before you release!

Comment

Ouch! Hopefully it didn't break a limb.

Comment

If that's the stupidest thing you have done in 53 years, you sir have led a blessed life.

Comment

A buddy did the same about 3 weeks ago. Blew up his string.

Comment

Luckily you're okay and you bow held together. Most damage would occur on the limbs so make sure you inspect them before shooting another arrow

Comment

Most likely damage would be limbs but axles strings cams and even risers have been damaged by dry fires most likely you are fine but you should probably have it checked out

Comment

I put gas in a diesel truck today but luckily realized it before any damage was done.

Comment

I've shot it afterwards only thing broke for sure was the peep sight post that connects the rubber tube. Man that first shot afterwards was something though. Felt like I was holding a time bomb! So far so good!

Comment

Get you some cotton balls and run them over the lines to check for splinters

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      Get you some cotton balls and run them over the lines to check for splinters
                      Thanks for the idea. I did this and didn't feel any snags , but man that dry fire sound was horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
                        Thanks for the idea. I did this and didn't feel any snags , but man that dry fire sound was horrible!
                        I bet it did.
                        Buddy dry fired his kids crossbow sighting it in.
                        Cracked the limbs.

Comment

So is the Hoyt video of a Carbon bow being dry fired 1500 times a video shop? I have never done this or seen it happen. But when it happens here the bows are usually blown up. Oh and I shoot a Mathews. Just curious on the Hoyt Ad.

Comment

Cams limbs string

Comment

Think it's ok. I shot it again this evening and all seems well...

Comment

Working...
                              X