Oh no... IT BEGINS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
    Enough about akurns....more importantly, does anyone know on what day the rut will start on this year???
    Heard that a son of a buddy that my uncle grew up with reported that rut is already in swing just to the south of our lease.

Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      The fertilized ones.
      I've fertilized a few trees in my time spent in the woods.... wish I could remember which ones...

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
        I have actually done this to several trees in the past and it worked. It worked well. We still fertilize our food plots every year as well and it seems to work.

Oaks are loaded with acorns in San Antonio, but they are already dropping. Same deal last year, they dropped early. I am hoping the same goes for the lease. The oaks there usually drop a few weeks later than here in town.
        Lot of people are skeptics but it does work and works well. For less than $200-$300 dollars, a person could fertilize 2-3 oak motts and have an all day feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          They've been falling at my house for over a week. I thought when I moved in that having 20+ oaks was a good thing and I was planning on bagging them and taking them to the lease. Problem is that they are falling now due to a squirrel. He's basically taking a bite and tossing the other half.
          I hate squirrels. they do the same thing to my fruit trees and have been hitting my pecans for about a month now. Half eaten nuts all over the ground. And I've already shot about 15 of the little fleabitten vermin already!

Comment

Fair weather hunters I tell you. Hunting over a feeder doesn't take skill. Now, holding a spot light, drinking beer, and trying to keep the truck on the road while pulling the trigger is much more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              I've fertilized a few trees in my time spent in the woods.... wish I could remember which ones...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji13]..

I’m surprised Primos or Realtree hasn’t come up with a “oak fertilizer” in a bottle market strategy....Hell C’Mere deer could diversify.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                Fair weather hunters I tell you. Hunting over a feeder doesn't take skill. Now, holding a spot light, drinking beer, and trying to keep the truck on the road while pulling the trigger is much more complicated.
                You forgot the snuff! That adds another factor--especially while drinking beer and having a spitter in a matching beer can.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                  Not sure you can be a real E-9 unless you can qualify expert first time go in the above qualification range you just mentioned. Oh and add the snuff like mentioned as well.

Comment

That's what these 3 little guys where doing last night

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Not sure you can be a real E-9 unless you can qualify expert first time go in the above qualification range you just mentioned. Oh and add the snuff like mentioned as well.
                      It helps to serve on Fort Polk for a period of time too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        I have tasted them and there is a different. Believe what you want but yes you can fertilize one or two oak motts and draw them to you. Granddad use to do this at the family ranch every yr in Menard Cnty. That was the oldtimers way of creating a natrual preferred deer feeder. Same thing with a good fertilized oat field and a oat field thats not fertilized. The fertilized field will attract a lot more deer.
                        Yep. A few good tree fertilizer spikes in the ground around a few trees starting in spring will do wonders. Replace when needed until fall.
                        Last edited by BigL; 08-31-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          Yep. A few good tree fertilizer spikes in the ground around a few trees starting in spring will do wonders. Replace when needed until fall.
                          I just buy fertilizer in the bag and spread it around. Never thought of tree spikes. It’s cheap and effective for sure

Comment

Working...
                          X