Beer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
    Ok, with all of you beer experts assembled, maybe someone can help me. I have tried all the "common" beers and find them nasty as heck! They have all tasted the same to me, bitter,sour just plain nasty. Is there any such thing as a beer with "real" taste/flavor? Would appreciate any input.

The beer that got me in to craft beer was Chimay Grand Reserve. I'm not much of a lager fan, I do like some bocks, but I prefer ales.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
      Another batch of Irish Stout is fermenting...

Looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Lookin good Michael. Keep an eye on it. Last stout I brewed landed my airlock into the ceiling (batch still turned out good). I now run a blow off style system.

Mainly because getting yeast off of the ceiling of the living room is hard and my wife never lets me forget when she finds a spot i missed cleaning

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418346037.709005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	24350953

Been there, done that!!!! I had to move my carboys out to the garage after I had a airlock explosion. I have a 5 gallon batch of Haus Pale Ale that's been fermenting since Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by apolloreed View Post
          [ATTACH]677652[/ATTACH]

Been there, done that!!!! I had to move my carboys out to the garage after I had a airlock explosion. I have a 5 gallon batch of Haus Pale Ale that's been fermenting since Monday.
          I spy a Divine Reserve Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
            While not commercially available, Todd's set up cranks out some good brew.

[ATTACH]674634[/ATTACH]

He even kegs it.
            HAHA nice!

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
              Myself and cookemerkel have been known to drink a little variety of brews. Couldn't get the whole garage but y'all get the idea.

And yes they are all different and all empty!
              Very Nice!!!!!

Comment

I'm taking possession of this tomorrow! No more bottling for me!!!!

Comment

We've been supporting Texas beer and wine for a while now. The fridge is full of mostly Rahr beer with some St. Arnold, and Real Ale.

I like most of Rahr's brews hands down as well as St. Arnolds. Shiner Ruby Redbird is great as well as their Black Lager and the Bock.

Real Ale's Devil's Backbone is great. I'm a bit partial since I've logged a lot of miles on that road with the bike...as well as the twisted sisters.

Comment

Today's beer run..

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      Another batch of Irish Stout is fermenting...

Ima need a bottle or two for a taste test.

Looking at all these beers makes me want to start venturing out of my comfort zone and start trying some!

Comment

This is the beer for me. Only problem is I have to go 1500 miles to get it.
                        Last edited by wsteffen; 02-11-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                          Ima need a bottle or two for a taste test.

Looking at all these beers makes me want to start venturing out of my comfort zone and start trying some!

Swing by any time brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddogss View Post
                            Today's beer run..
                            Where'd you get the Pliny?

Comment

Tonight seemed like a good night for cans. Both are pretty good

Comment

Currently drinking before I hit the rack.

Comment

Working...
                                X