Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
    FYI
    Lowes has 8x6 rolls of indoor/outdoor carpet for $20 in grey. Works great.
    Looks like I'm going to lowes

Comment

Originally posted by Rambow View Post
      FYI
      Lowes has 8x6 rolls of indoor/outdoor carpet for $20 in grey. Works great.
      Gracias. Cheapest option so far for sure

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373145649.448683.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	24217018

I believe this is it. It was not in the carpet area of the store but rather around the lawn and garden area at the one I went to in marble falls.

Comment

I use a roll of weight room padding from academy..

Comment

If you are going to go to that much trouble, why not go ahead a build the blind itself out of something more perminate that you can take apart and will hold your sent in better.

Not to mention not have to worry about the squirrels and other critters doing damage to your blind while you aren't there!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
              If you are going to go to that much trouble, why not go ahead a build the blind itself out of something more perminate that you can take apart and will hold your sent in better.

Not to mention not have to worry about the squirrels and other critters doing damage to your blind while you aren't there!
              I built my blind this way, because I hunt free land. And you never know when you may have to get off. Made it where I can semi easily move it by my self lol. I am a little worried about what the coons & squirrels will do to it ,but it a popup blind bought 3 yrs ago for $40. It is completely useless on ground because windows too low. Was last resort before I threw it out so for me it makes cents

Comment

I once built a wooden blind that was 6' x 6' x6'. All three walls were completed and then taken into the field and with large wood screws, put it together.

It really wan't that hard to move ( two people) and to set up or take down.

Just a thaught.

I can see your point with the $40 blind and all.

Comment

I already have the popup. Never had a problem with critters. I dont leave it out year round. Now I'm just looking to get it off the ground to shoot over hog panel. This is a cheaper option than building an entire blind

Comment

am going to do something like that soon

Comment

see some good ideas

Comment

I built this one today. It's 2.5' tall, cost about $30 in supplies, an took a couple of hours.

I have some indoor/outdoor carpet I'm going to put on it and I'm going to build a small 2'x2' platform with stairs to get in and out of the blind easily.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375915446.819783.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	24228653

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375915461.307551.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	24228654

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375915478.303963.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	24228655

I'll take some more pics once I put it in the woods next week. I'm excited to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                          I built this one today. It's 2.5' tall, cost about $30 in supplies, an took a couple of hours.

I have some indoor/outdoor carpet I'm going to put on it and I'm going to build a small 2'x2' platform with stairs to get in and out of the blind easily.

[ATTACH]528527[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]528528[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH]528529[/ATTACH]

I'll take some more pics once I put it in the woods next week. I'm excited to try it out.
                          Do you have any support under the plywood? Mine cost quite a bit more in materials just cuz I went with 3/4" two of and lots of support underneath. And all treated wood.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                            Do you have any support under the plywood? Mine cost quite a bit more in materials just cuz I went with 3/4" two of and lots of support underneath. And all treated wood.
                            Yes, I have 3 supporting 2x4's. It is actually quite sturdy. I was worried I may need to add some more supports, but I think I'll just leave it.

I went with the cheap materials since this is my first one. I was going to go for 4', then 3', but settled on 2.5'. I'm concerned with shorter shots and would rather err on the side of caution.

Materials:

1 - 4x8 OSB = $8
                            6 - 2x4x10 = $24.78
                            After tax = $33.44

I think I'm really going to like this set up I just need to figure out the right height. Once I do I may build a more heavy duty one.

Comment

Yeah mine is 3' and I think it's gonna be perfect. I'm still under the tops of the mesquite trees. But can shoot into my hog panel pen and can shoot over it to deer behind it. I spent some $$ on paint, 4x4's, lag bolts and carpet. I tend to carried away haha. But I built it to last (hopefully) also put outdoor carpet on mine. Yours looks good! Should serve its purpose for sure.

Comment

Down2hunt are you going to put something over that OSB? If not I hope you dont get much rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X