No announcement yet.

Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried this 2 years ago with an axis I shot. Didnt use the RidX....which is a good idea by the way. I have a major gag reflex with smells....needless to say, I dont do that anymore and dont change diapers.

Comment

I put mine out back near a fire ant mound. Then cover the skull with a flipped over feed trough. Put two cinder blocks on the trough and come back a few weeks later. No prep required, the ants and bugs remove hide eyes brain and all. Trough and cinder blocks are to prevent dogs and yotes from stealing your trophy.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Finally, it's ready

Day 81 and clean
          Now ready for degreasing

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359160319.349329.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	24163268

2nd one on day 22 ( I think)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359160455.416856.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	24163269

Just a little meat left on tip of nose. I could have probably got off but decided to put back in brew for now

Comment

I should have left mine in the rid x 7 more days.

After the dawn soak. I noticed three spots that still had a bit off goo on em... I cleaned the best i could and put back in rid x. so... Tomorrow I'm gonna check again.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
              I should have left mine in the rid x 7 more days.

After the dawn soak. I noticed three spots that still had a bit off goo on em... I cleaned the best i could and put back in rid x. so... Tomorrow I'm gonna check again.
              I got one in the degreaser soak but I hope I didn't miss anything. It sure looked clean to me but I will check it again. I put the other back in the brew to soak a little more. I could see just a little left on at the tip of the nose. I will check it in a few more days.

I have an axis to do too but I am thinking about simmering that one because it wont fit in the brew tote.

Comment

Checked again today. Still some white junk in the ear canal... Got a q tip and removed most of it. Will check again next weekend.

Then probably run to Sally's beauty supply, or have my wife do it.

Comment

Good info, i have several skulls to degrease and whiten.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                    Checked again today. Still some white junk in the ear canal... Got a q tip and removed most of it. Will check again next weekend.

Then probably run to Sally's beauty supply, or have my wife do it.
                    Lol!

Comment

When use the whitening agent how do you use it, apply with a brush and let sit or what?

Comment

This Reminds me I need to check on mine... not today of course its cold outside!!!

Comment

Nephew has one in back yard since Thanksgiving. He prolly needs to come check it

Comment

I put mine back in for degreasing. I could not tell if it had gotten it all out. I soaked it the first time for about a week. I will leave it in for another week.

I simmered an axis head because it would not fit in my container for the rid x brew. It wasn't too bad and came out pretty clean. The nose pieces fell out but I can glue them back in. I wasn't sure so I have it soaking too in the degreaser.

Comment

My wt is done... Waiting to bleach for the black buck i Just dropped in some stew.... He was already a bit nasty.

Bowtechlady how did yours turn out?

Comment

Pic
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X