No announcement yet.

Alaska "Inland-Grizzly" Starts Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the Moose Oscar, great write up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Few motivational pics from today![emoji3061][IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-
      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      My father in law and I got into a argument last year over the subject of brown bears. My father in law, claimed there was no such thing as a brown bear. That the bears people call brown bears, are just brown colored black bears and that black bears come in all colors, bla bla bla. I tried to educate him on that, he just got fired up. If only I could post this where he could see it.

Comment

Did not realize this was a old thread. Finally read all the posts. I almost did not finish reading the posts. I got into the second hunt and it looked like you were going home light again. So I was about to quit reading. Good job. As big as those things are, I bet they are not that easy to connect with. You would think they should be, but I am going to bet, when you are standing there looking at one of those big guys, it's not that easy to put a bullet or a arrow, on the mark. Had to have been a blast to go up there, in the places you went and then finally get one of those big critters. Good job.
        Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 10-16-2020, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Update: Moose was delivered and placed on the wall yesterday....[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]..almost 16 months after putting him on the ground! My bison got moved to the back staircase as this moose now gets center stage in my office. [emoji6] These pics are not very good but I am happy with how it turned out. I did a wall pedestal to make it look more lifelike.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_121643.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	24640905Click image for larger version

Name:	20210113_151028.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	24640906Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_121748.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	24640907Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_172140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	24640908

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great mount! I see big ol gar back there too.

Comment

That moose is COOL! Congrats, Oscar!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Awesome mount!

Comment

Great addition to your trophy room, looks fantastic. Nice going.
                  Been on a couple Alaska moose hunts & so far nada. Was supposed to be in NW Territories past fall w Canol but the China Virus took care of that. I hope I make it this year, not getting any younger & those adventure hunts can take a toll on a man.

Comment

Last edited by TexasTK; 01-13-2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

He turned out great on that wall, congrats again on an awesome hunt!

Comment

Great addition Oscar! Sure is hard waiting a long time for them to get done, but it is usually worth it!

Comment

Man that is awesome Oscar! Looks great! Bucket list animal for me. I'm green with envy.

Comment

Thx guys..........it has really changed the feel of my office.
                            Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Great mount! I see big ol gar back there too.
                            Hey Steve, That is the smaller one........lol!!! Im looking forward to hitting that 8' mark this spring!!
                            Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                            Great addition to your trophy room, looks fantastic. Nice going.
                            Been on a couple Alaska moose hunts & so far nada. Was supposed to be in NW Territories past fall w Canol but the China Virus took care of that. I hope I make it this year, not getting any younger & those adventure hunts can take a toll on a man.
                            That was my 4th tag for moose in Alaska.......not always moose specific hunts but would always get one just in case we ran into a shooter. You right, the age factor is incredible. I have started working out very differently trying to get in a few more mountain hunts (well maybe 1 more) and at least be able to get around the out west.
                            Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                            Great addition Oscar! Sure is hard waiting a long time for them to get done, but it is usually worth it!
                            You aint never lied Doug. Thanks for the PM about my Becite Ibex joining the Top 10 list. I never mentioned it on TBH but I did finally change my avatar two weeks ago.........the wife wants to geaux back to Spain so hopefully i can get the other two species soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Thx guys..........it has really changed the feel of my office.

Hey Steve, That is the smaller one........lol!!! Im looking forward to hitting that 8' mark this spring!!

)b
                              Yep. The others one is literally twice as big.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X