99-f250-7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
    Ok we now have heat and a/c that all functions as it should , every control works as it should with quick response....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! That sounded pretty easy...

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to drop the transmission pan and do the filter change and do the fender flares today. Going to have to cut the bottom of the front fenders because it has some tire rub going on..

,,Sam,,

Comment

You done good one that one man!!

Comment

Someone already mentioned the cam sensor and idler pully.

Also look closely at your fuel, siphon some from the fuel tank or pull the drain handle and catch some from the fuel filter drain.
          If there is a hint of darker coloration in the fuel and it is not clear, you need to change your fuel injector O rings.

If you are going to keep the truck for a long time, get some coolant test strips and add coolant conditioner as required.

Also, inspect the condition of the injector wiring harness.

While you are messing with the wiring, put in a hidden kill switch or some other kind of theft deterrent. These old 7.3's are still very popular in Mexico.

Comment

Does it have factory air intake? We put a S&B cold air intake on sons 01 and let’s it breathe better. The open k&n gets filters dirty and let’s Dust into intakes. You get a great price despite all the little things your fixing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve dabbled with the 7.3 a bit.[emoji6]

Comment

So that S&B made a noticeable difference? I have 2001 with 245K. I have been kicking around intake and exhaust. Truck is all stock, I got a steal on it also...

Comment

So I got the fenders cut for clearance and the flares put on and did the trans filter. Now time to go do a little hunting and not mess with this for a week...

Comment

Just back home , 200mile trip , running great..

Here is a daylight pic....

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
                      Just back home , 200mile trip , running great..

Here is a daylight pic....

That truck will continue to run great for a long time as long as the maintenance is kept up on it. Don’t get me wrong. Stuff is gonna break. Most parts are cheap. I always upgrade whatever breaks. Typically Riffraff diesel has the best parts and service. Just FYI. Just don’t put any mastercraft parts from Oreily on their. Made that mistake. Buy once cry once but beats replacing stuff over and over. Like hub units for instance. I went through 3 hub units on both sides b4 I realized the issue. Junk parts. Bought Moog hubs and they’ve already passed the lifetime of all all three mastercraft hubs. That and keep the oil changed.

Comment

What are you going to do with subs/amp/trainhorn components? Trash?

After reading..i assume previous owner kept them..my bad
                        Last edited by Merrick7.3; 10-18-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

You definitely stole that 7.3, sweet rig!!! You’ll enjoy it.

Comment

Let him have it all back ( most of it was trashed anyway)...

The bed liner on the front bumper is all pealing off so I need to have it blasted , and need to fab a 2in receiver in it. I have a winch on a receiver mount to go on it...

Thanks for the info so far , I’m really surprised at how well this truck runs and rides...

Still need a rim so I can have a spare....

,,Sam,,

Comment

Drool!!

Comment

I’ll triple your investment

Comment

Working...
                                X