Who is hunting Colorado Elk this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
    I stalked in between two screaming bulls. They hollered back and forth and raked trees for 45 minutes. I got so riled up I missed then the bull headed straight for me. I went to draw when he passed behind a tree at 5yds and pushed my arrow off the string. Had to stand there as he passed inside of 10’. Turned and the other bull had snuck up next to me. Sent one 6” over his back. I haven’t been that shook up in years. Hate that I didn’t execute, but a cool experience. I’m still in them, though they have mostly shut down except at night. I’m here until midday Tuesday (right when a huge temperature drop is forecast), but I’ll be back on the 19th hoping to hit the full on scream fest.

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Man that had to be an adrenaline rush! Lmao!
    We’re going to pack it up early Tuesday there’s a severe winter storm warning snow as deep as 12” in some higher elevations! Be careful

Comment

Headed out 15th to end of bow season. Me and my dads yearly vacation. As the years pass it turns into more of a camping trip then hunting. Still look forward to it every year, this is year 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2nd rifle OTC in the Grand Mesa area. Will be hunting with a handgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
          2nd rifle OTC in the Grand Mesa area. Will be hunting with a handgun.
          Same here .
          Leaving Thursday for bow, but will return to GM for 2nd rifle.
          Drew a Mule Deer and a Cow, so I'm going to let the .480 & .454 do a little eating.

Comment

I stalked in between two screaming bulls. They hollered back and forth and raked trees for 45 minutes. I got so riled up I missed then the bull headed straight for me. I went to draw when he passed behind a tree at 5yds and pushed my arrow off the string. Had to stand there as he passed inside of 10’. Turned and the other bull had snuck up next to me. Sent one 6” over his back. I haven’t been that shook up in years. Hate that I didn’t execute, but a cool experience. I’m still in them, though they have mostly shut down except at night. I’m here until midday Tuesday (right when a huge temperature drop is forecast), but I’ll be back on the 19th hoping to hit the full on scream fest.

Good luck everyone!

Hope you get a big one! Keep at it.

Comment

Good luck everyone!
              Thats awesome! Best case worse case scenario. Super cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Same here .
                Leaving Thursday for bow, but will return to GM for 2nd rifle.
                Drew a Mule Deer and a Cow, so I'm going to let the .480 & .454 do a little eating.
                Nice. Good luck! I'm not sure where you are from but I'll be driving from New Braunfels. I'll shoot you a PM with my cell. Never hurts to have an 'oh shoot' phone number stashed...

Comment

Wind shifted and blew in a ton of smoke. Hopefully it will jack with the elk’s ability to smell.

Comment

Wind shifted and blew in a ton of smoke. Hopefully it will jack with the elk’s ability to smell.

Between two screaming bulls is big time exciting. Good luck and stay cool, you will tag the next one.

Comment

Got out just before the storm blew in this afternoon. State troopers were setting up in the chain up area at the final pass as I went through. A few days of work and some time to get my gear cleaned up before I head back to finish out the season.

Comment

Got out just before the storm blew in this afternoon. State troopers were setting up in the chain up area at the final pass as I went through. A few days of work and some time to get my gear cleaned up before I head back to finish out the season.

We high tailed it off the mountain before the storm hit. Snow flurries as we were headed down the mountain Tuesday morning.

Comment

Headed out Thursday, I hope it’s snowing, but looks like mid 70’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Listen here Turkey… I've already told you once....you can't come elk hunting with me.

Ive stepped off for a NM WMA. Ive learned to call on a diaphragm within the past week. The turkeys and cows didnt know what to think of my cow elk calls...but it got their attention.
                            Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                              Listen here Turkey… I've already told you once....you can't come elk hunting with me.

Ive stepped off for a NM WMA. Ive learned to call on a diaphragm within the past week. The turkeys and cows didnt know what to think of my cow elk calls...but it got their attention.
                              Best of luck Briar!

Comment

Headed out in 48 hrs and counting. Hope to hunt until the season ends. I’ll be on a thousand acres of private land mostly by myself. Hoping the black powder people push em to me! Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X