Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    [emoji23] If the Corp finds it that set up will go bye bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is, if it was on corps land.

No feeders allowed on Benbrook Corps property.

Comment

BENBROOK draw 3

Good Morning.
      Just wanted to drop a line to the guys that were lucky enough to vent drawn this year. The area is getting smaller but hunts available stay the same. I have a few natural tree stands I have set up and a few pop ups have gone up around them. Which isnÂ’t that big of a deal to me. But whatÂ’s goals thoughts or history on courtesy factor. If one is already set up in a stand close to another. Do u hit him with a light as he is walking in or just both hunt 75 yards from one another ? ItÂ’s a natural tree so I donÂ’t mark it. Just yalls thoughts

Comment

With bow hunting it might not be a big issue. The area is not that big and is hard to fit all that are drawn already. No telling that someone isn’t trying to use the same natural stand that you are using as well and you didn’t take their spot either. Maybe what he does at his stand will bring deer though your setup, maybe not.

Who’s walking in with light so they can be easily seen? I go in by moon or small red light so by the time you realize we are in same spot we will be looking at each other.

Last edited by bmac; 09-13-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I hear you on the lighting etc. last draw I only had a few set up close. But they were more walkers and stalkers. I was above one hunter for 30 minutes before he walked off. Never even realized I was above him. Good luck to draw 3 guys. If anyone needs help packing out let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Engine223 View Post
            I hear you on the lighting etc. last draw I only had a few set up close. But they were more walkers and stalkers. I was above one hunter for 30 minutes before he walked off. Never even realized I was above him. Good luck to draw 3 guys. If anyone needs help packing out let me know.

Provide a map where your at and might help us figure out who the culprits are. Once group 1 posts a picture of a harvested legal deer then we might all just go home as nothing will be left that we can shoot.

Comment

We usually hunt the RS side and have been scouting a bit. We found where someone had cut all the strands of barbed wire in the fence going into Richardson Ranch. That kind of crap can Blow back on all of us.

Hope everyone has a good and safe hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
                We usually hunt the RS side and have been scouting a bit. We found where someone had cut all the strands of barbed wire in the fence going into Richardson Ranch. That kind of crap can Blow back on all of us.

Hope everyone has a good and safe hunt.
                I likely came across that same spot in the fence a year ago. Turned in the GPS coordinates to the cut fence, along with the 2018 hunt survey. It appears to still need repair.

Comment

For those that do not know, there may be some construction going on in the ACE Whiskey Flats area where the power-line right-of-way is. There are new towers going up. Most of the towers have been layed under the power lines on the property across the river ready for erection. They will need concrete bases poured and then they go up. You can see them from 377 very easily. I pass by there daily. And there were several crews out in that field today. They are octagonal towers like what is used for high lights.

If you hunted out there a few years ago while they were running the drilling rig a couple of properties over to the east, you know what kind of sound carries through that bottom.

Comment

Anyone on here in group 1?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just started hunt 3 but as hot as it is I'm not sure if this one will be fruitful. BTW the fence has been fixed.

Comment

It has been brutal. Deer aren't moving except very early and very late. Most likely taking care of their business in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                          It has been brutal. Deer aren't moving except very early and very late. Most likely taking care of their business in the dark.

We have been running a few cameras and we are seeing that as well. Maybe they will breakout of that cycle shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            We have been running a few cameras and we are seeing that as well. Maybe they will breakout of that cycle shortly.

We are supposed to have a cold front on monday, maybe that will change some habits.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Your telling me you have actually found deer? [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
                                Your telling me you have actually found deer? [emoji41]

The same deer over and over is considered moving to me. Hopefully I can get it, just wished they allowed you to access the place from the school grounds and have to walk the whole place.

Comment

Working...
                                X