Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
    Anyone else having issue with their paint on their stocks? Seems like the more I handle the rifle the more the paint seems to come off. Sent APR an email to see if this common or uncommon awaiting a reply, just curious if anyone else was having a issue.
    Mine does not seem to have a top coat protectant. I can feel the lines between the different camo colors and that makes me a little nervous about it coming off. But I have handled it very little and none has come off yet. Hopefully its more durable than it feels.

Comment

I have had hoppes, otis, and bore tech on mine and it has done great so far.

Comment

Garrett with APR reached out to me this morning, I’m going send it back and let them look at it, and he said they’d even repaint If necessary. Gotta say APR has some great customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
          Garrett with APR reached out to me this morning, I’m going send it back and let them look at it, and he said they’d even repaint If necessary. Gotta say APR has some great customer service.
          We'll get you taken care of. Very odd to see that paint coming off. It's a 2-part epoxy that generally doesn't come off even when you want it to. I just scratched on an AG stock up front to see if I could remove some, and I couldn't remove any with a fingernail. I'm betting there was some oil contamination or release agent residue left on the stock. We'll get you fixed up ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
            We'll get you taken care of. Very odd to see that paint coming off. It's a 2-part epoxy that generally doesn't come off even when you want it to. I just scratched on an AG stock up front to see if I could remove some, and I couldn't remove any with a fingernail. I'm betting there was some oil contamination or release agent residue left on the stock. We'll get you fixed up ASAP.
            As always, first class from you guys!

Comment

20” 7mm08 can’t wait to shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                20” 7mm08 can’t wait to shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That looks awesome! Mine shipped out today, should get it by Thursday.

Comment

[QUOTE=cantexduck;14360927]20” 7mm08 can’t wait to shoot it.

That came out great. What scope and rings are you running?

Comment

Uuugggghhhhhh. That looks awesome! I’m still waiting on the call for mine. I guess I’m one of if not the last one to be done

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Scope is a z5 3-18x44 I think. I will double check tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                          Thanks. It’s my first custom rifle. I thought for a long time about how to paint it. I wanted the paint to go well with the carbon barrel. I think it turned out awesome too.
                          Which action is that? Thanks

Comment

APR gen 2 I think

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy1911 View Post
                              Which action is that? Thanks
                              That one is actually the APR Hunter.

Comment

Road trip!

Comment

Working...
                                X