No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly stepped on this beauty on the way to my camera.

Then got there and found that the boar, that has been eating all my corn, appears to be growing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      Nearly stepped on this beauty on the way to my camera.

Then got there and found that the boar, that has been eating all my corn, appears to be growing.

Wow, did he rattle at you? I think I would have needed a change of underwear. I very rarely wear my snake boots out there because they rub blisters. I may have to re-evaluate that now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Aggie View Post
        Wow, did he rattle at you? I think I would have needed a change of underwear. I very rarely wear my snake boots out there because they rub blisters. I may have to re-evaluate that now....

No, did not rattle.

I tried to provoke him to move off the trail by nudging him with a stick, as I was dragging a wagon of corn, but he just raised his head, flicked his tongue a few times, and then went back to sunning himself.

I did not want to press my luck, so I let him be and went around him.

Comment

How many folks are seeing deer on their cams during daylight hours? Almost all the animals ive seen show up around 11:30 pm. Ive only got one picture of a doe that showed up around 6:00 am about a month ago. Think they'll change their habits once it cools off a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
            How many folks are seeing deer on their cams during daylight hours? Almost all the animals ive seen show up around 11:30 pm. Ive only got one picture of a doe that showed up around 6:00 am about a month ago. Think they'll change their habits once it cools off a bit?
            Scroll up to post 5533 above.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
              I'm seeing quite a few deer between about 6:30 and 8:30 a.m. and then again after about 6 p.m. They are coming by during dark hours as well. I think movement during dark has to do with the phase of the moon now and how much visibility they have at night due to that.

Luckily, opening weekend is a new moon and the deer should be moving more during hunting hours....At least I hope!

Comment

Most of my daylight deer photos are does w fawns. They probably can't be as picky about when they take a free meal.

It will improve as the temps fall.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                  Scroll up to post 5533 above.
                  Yeah id seen yours. Just wondering about the other fellas here. Kinda discouraging that all mine are at night and does and fawns. Oh well. Guess ill see what happens. Probably wont check again til opening weekend.

Comment

Mostly does, a ton of Turkey, and younger bucks during shooting hours. But once the testosterone levels get up, the temps drop a bit, I think the bigger bucks are going to start cruzing.

Comment

Turkeys??? I hadn’t heard of any out there... are you aloud to take them during season?

Comment

Originally posted by ATXmike79 View Post
                        Turkeys??? I hadn’t heard of any out there... are you aloud to take them during season?

I have seen them SW of the lake on the trailhead.

Unfortunately, not allowed to hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXmike79 View Post
                          Yup got turkey's but you can't shoot them.

Comment

That’s a bummer. I know they used to hunt them years back out there, at least that’s what I was told.

Comment

1st day 16 days away.

Comment

Anyone happen to have seen any teal while checking their cams and whatnot?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X