The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
    I’ve had a lot of bourbon. I haven’t had Bowman that I can remember. I will give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowman distillery is owned by Sazerac, which is a Buffalo Trace’s parent company. Their bourbon is originally distilled at Buffalo Trace, then shipped to Virginia to be distilled again so they can technically say it was distilled in Virginia. If you like Buffalo Trace Mashbill #1 stuff, I imagine you will like it as well.

Comment

I had some whiskey at the Rough Riders game tonight... while I was waiting on the free beer line I saw a sign that said $2 whiskey.. I had my wife hold my spot in line and went and got a double with a splash of RC cola in a plastic cup.. $4 later I really couldn't complain... I was happy to drink the cheapest of whiskey in a time of desperation...

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Yea most of them. Still going on another platform though.
        ^^^. Yep, most changed their names and changed the rules on how to post sales. Others, just moved to a different platform. The secondary market isn’t going anywhere unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
          Bowman distillery is owned by Sazerac, which is a Buffalo Trace’s parent company. Their bourbon is originally distilled at Buffalo Trace, then shipped to Virginia to be distilled again so they can technically say it was distilled in Virginia. If you like Buffalo Trace Mashbill #1 stuff, I imagine you will like it as well.

Good to know! I’ll get some. Is it hard to find?

Comment

Hot day calls for a cold beverage.

Comment

Figured i'd finish out the weekend with one of my favorites! Willett Rye

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                Hot day calls for a cold beverage.

Heck yeah! looks good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                  Good to know! I’ll get some. Is it hard to find?

Not terribly hard to find on the shelf, but not every store has it either. Most big chains have it. You want the John J Bowman Single Barrel and not the Bowman Small Batch.

Comment

Yesterday’s Boilermaker pairing. One of my favorite combos:

Comment

Tried a couple this evening while at the coast. Gentry (out of Charleston) and Wild Turkey Longbranch. Wasn’t impressed with Gentry; reminded me of Maker’s. I do really like Longbranch. I’m a Turkey fan and this is a nice twist with same base flavor profile (on my palette anyway).

Comment

Tag for later so I can post up my collection.

Comment

Japanese Whiskeys

Y'all might shoot me, but I've been really getting into Japanese Whiskey lately. Yamazaki is affordable as a daily drink and super smooth.

Anyone else out there tried the Japanese Whiskeys?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJMZ View Post
                            Y'all might shoot me, but I've been really getting into Japanese Whiskey lately. Yamazaki is affordable as a daily drink and super smooth.

Anyone else out there tried the Japanese Whiskeys?
                            I like Yamazaki 18, but its pricy and haven't seen a bottle in years at MSRP.

Comment

Saw my fav Bulleit on the show Yellowstone the other night

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                                I like Yamazaki 18, but its pricy and haven't seen a bottle in years at MSRP.
                                I tried the 18 for the first time last month and loved it. My son will be returning from Japan (USMC) in 3 days with several bottles for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X