No announcement yet.

Piggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I strapped on to a tree before, they still knocked the legs out from under it but it stayed on the tree

Comment

I’d say about 180 lbs.

Comment

Kill it, weigh it, post it.

Gary

Comment

I'm really not interested in his wt. Just thought someone besides myself might be surprised to see a hog that big. Personally, I never have.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Kill it, weigh it, post it.

Gary
            Hey amigo I found and ordered a bunch of those things if you need any.

Comment

I bought some a short time before I started shooting a single string. But thanx. You're ready to make him bleed. 216lbs.

Gary
              Last edited by DRT; 04-30-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

size and weight estimates aside... (of both pig and feeder). There is one thing that is certain: it will take more than one person to swing it onto your 4 wheeler.

Good luck - hope you don't have to drag him out of anywhere by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  size and weight estimates aside... (of both pig and feeder). There is one thing that is certain: it will take more than one person to swing it onto your 4 wheeler.

Good luck - hope you don't have to drag him out of anywhere by hand.
                  Lol. Like Bisch said , he wouldn't be edible anyway. I'll drag him out behind the 4w if I ever get him. Almost ashamed of myself but I bought a cheapo compound the other day cause I know my stickbows won't kill it. I've never even shot one b4 but I thought they were accurate. I can't hit the dang target with it. Seriously! I heard guys say they shot javelina at closed to 50 yds with them at that TexasShoot out. Were they BSing me?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                    Lol. Like Bisch said , he wouldn't be edible anyway. I'll drag him out behind the 4w if I ever get him. Almost ashamed of myself but I bought a cheapo compound the other day cause I know my stickbows won't kill it. I've never even shot one b4 but I thought they were accurate. I can't hit the dang target with it. Seriously! I heard guys say they shot javelina at closed to 50 yds with them at that TexasShoot out. Were they BSing me?

I noticed said compound lashed to your 4 wheeler in the pic... wasnt gonna point it out

I don't shoot compounds all that well past 30 yards either...

I don't know about that hog not tasting good. Weight is a bad measurement of taste. Have eaten plenty of 200# hogs that taste fine. Have had 80# that tasted musky... so...

Also, have killed a couple 200#ers with a stickbow just fine.

Comment

Yeah I know. I have a 287#er in the freezer we've been eating on for a year but pictures don't do justice here. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing weighs over 4. I hope to find out.

Comment

I would guess in the low 3s. I’m terrible about guessing though

Comment

Swamprabbit also eats javis and sheep! ������

And they were not pulling your leg! I know a couple guys who can routinely keep arrows in a volleyball sized target at 80-100yds. Like anything else, it takes a lot of practice to get that good!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I practice out to 40yds with my compound and can group them within an apple size group. However I cant shoot a Trad bow worth a ****. So I think it is whatever your comfortable with. Plus you have to adjust your form to what you are shooting.

As far as the pig I say he is about 250.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Swamprabbit also eats javis and sheep!
                              Along with millions of other people who walk the earth on two legs!

Comment

Yeah the whole myth of big boars not being good to eat is a shame. I've had 90lb sows that were horrible andb200lb boars the were very good. The hide is where the smell is. Hose them off good, get them on ice quick and soak them and most likely you get meat that is good to eat.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X