Assange arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Julian Assange is under a lot of pressure and will most likely commit suicide by shooting himself 4 times in the back with a bolt action deer rifle.
    And then suffocating himself in a garage with running car with a hose from exhaust pipe to drivers side window before driving the car off a cliff into a lake full of flesh eating ecoli and cancer causing pathogens.

Comment

No one wants him dead more than Russia and the DNC. Either of those two are fully capable of getting the job done if he isn't kept in solitaire and under guard 24/7 and even then they may try. DNC fears him the most for what he can dump on them and send so many to prison. GOP defends him until he spills his guts on DNC then they will let nature take it's course. Russia always kills all it's spies that jump ship. In any case his days are numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        However what Manning did is nothing short of treason
        Glad, it is rotting away in a cell somewhere and is paying dearly for the crimes that were committed, and lives that were lost

Comment

Another afterthought on the matter is this. Had Assange not dumped then Hillary could well be our president right now. Also had she been president then how many more lives would she have sacrificed for her own greed. I know Assange did something that may have caused American's blood to be shed and other assets compromised but without him it would have been much much worse and for that we can be thankful.
          As for the he/she Manning -----------let it rot in prison.

Comment

Assange has always said that he has a system in place that will release everything else he has, and that info dump will be triggered if he is extradited. I guess we are fixin' to find out if that is true. There were probably lots of people from many countries and many political persuasions laying awake staring at the ceiling last night as they pondered that possibility.

Comment

Assange has always said that he has a system in place that will release everything else he has, and that info dump will be triggered if he is extradited. I guess we are fixin' to find out if that is true. There were probably lots of people from many countries and many political persuasions laying awake staring at the ceiling last night as they pondered that possibility.
              I don't think he does... when the ONLY thing you have literally giving you a hope of staying alive...no matter how little that chance may be.. is information... you don't just dump it...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                I don't think he does... when the ONLY thing you have literally giving you a hope of staying alive...no matter how little that chance may be.. is information... you don't just dump it...
                You may be right about that - it's the only card he still holds. The fever swamps of conspiracy-world are really boiling since the arrest. Some are convinced we will soon see hard evidence of everything from Russian collusion to proof the DNC murdered Seth Rich.

Comment

What I am amazed at and sickened by is how so many people on the right now defend this guy. Manning was not a whistleblower. He/now she did not expose some horrific and specific government wrongdoing to the press. He transferred tens of thousands of pages of classified information to Assange who dumped all of it on the internet, compromising an untold number of allies, inside contacts, intelligence assets and military strategies. Everybody on the right agreed back then - there were many calls for the death penalty - until Wikileaks exposed damaging stuff about Hillary and the DNC. Now these guys are heroes? It is shocking and sad how shallow many people’s principals are. The libertarian in me is wary of the intelligence community and their occasional overreach - they know too much and go too far at times. However what Manning did is nothing short of treason and Assange needs to pay as well. I’m sure good people are dead due to what they did.
                  I reconcile it this way.

1. Manning is a traitor be definition

2. Assange is a journalist

3. Freedom of Speech

4. I believe nothing our government has to say on the matter to include what they claim re that data breach in terms of its toll on our troops. They are proven liars.

5. I am not on the right.
                  Last edited by Ætheling; 04-12-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I would disagree about Assange being a journalist. First of all Manning could not have done his hacking without Assange's help. He is a hacker of classified information. When an actual journalist somehow obtains classified information he decides whether the benefits of publication outweighs the potential harm. Not him - he just squatted and shat out the entire thing without even redacting info that could have protected people on the ground. (including neutral human rights organizations) It is obvious his objective is not based on some ethical "people's right to know" - his objective is to damage the United States. What could possibly be the journalistic reason to disclose our "Warlock" system designed to electronically interfere with IEDs? If you don't believe the government's statements about the lives he has cost, go back up and read post #30 of this thread. There are countless stories like his from people that were there.

Comment

I would disagree about Assange being a journalist. First of all Manning could not have done his hacking without Assange's help. He is a hacker of classified information. When an actual journalist somehow obtains classified information he decides whether the benefits of publication outweighs the potential harm. Not him - he just squatted and shat out the entire thing without even redacting info that could have protected people on the ground. (including neutral human rights organizations) It is obvious his objective is not based on some ethical "people's right to know" - his objective is to damage the United States. What could possibly be the journalistic reason to disclose our "Warlock" system designed to electronically interfere with IEDs? If you don't believe the government's statements about the lives he has cost, go back up and read post #30 of this thread. There are countless stories like his from people that were there.
                      Im out. I cant debate logical fallacies. False dichotomy. Either you are right or I have to call out post 30s author as wrong in your appeal to his authority. I cant also debate anecdotal evidence

If all that is true where are the charges other than basic af computer fraud?

Respectfully

Comment

You are right that I can’t say “I know” people died due to the data dump as I am just a civilian with no access to that intel. However it is just as wrong for reporters, pundits and free press absolutists to say they “know” no deaths were a result of the disclosure. I also agree that you can’t hang your hat solely on anecdotal evidence. However given the nature and depth of what was released it does not take a giant leap to believe our assets were greatly compromised. They don’t exactly play patty-cake in that world so it is reasonable to believe deaths occurred. It seems that people believe the government’s version of events when it lines up with their worldview. If the governments line was “Wikileaks did no harm” you would have an entirely different group shouting that they are lying

Comment

You are right that I can’t say “I know” people died due to the data dump as I am just a civilian with no access to that intel. However it is just as wrong for reporters, pundits and free press absolutists to say they “know” no deaths were a result of the disclosure. I also agree that you can’t hang your hat solely on anecdotal evidence. However given the nature and depth of what was released it does not take a giant leap to believe our assets were greatly compromised. They don’t exactly play patty-cake in that world so it is reasonable to believe deaths occurred. It seems that people believe the government’s version of events when it lines up with their worldview. If the governments line was “Wikileaks did no harm” you would have an entirely different group shouting that they are lying
                          I guess I’m at a point where I’ll have to see how it all plays out. Journalists are for the most part idiots and liars. Assange has proven to be at least somewhat of a useful one. I guess what separates him in my mind is there is no spin. Just pure data dumping so he at least has his honesty intact. The govt could be correct about all you say but the boy has cried wolf one too many thousand times for me to stomach to include the reason for being in a certain part of the Middle East in the first **** place. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black in terms of putting troops in harms way That of course is a distinction with little difference should you have found yourself deployed to Iraq.

Comment

The guy storing stolen **** is as culpable as the thief..regardless of his ability to share it with others .
                            Hes a thief.
                            Not a journalist. Thief.

Yes. It really is that simple.

Comment

Just a thought--
                              If you are going to shoot the messenger, which one will it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                                Just a thought--
                                If you are going to shoot the messenger, which one will it be?
                                A) why just one
                                B) no need. They will all be suicided.

Comment

Working...
                                X