No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone lose some hunting items along 106 today? If so, shoot me a text at
    956-five43-5954

Would like to get them back to the hunter.

Comment

I am not hunting today, heading back home instead. If any of you are sticking it out to the end, I would be curious to see the board at the end of the hunt today.

Comment

im curious to see how many tbh guys are on that board. im headed home allso.

Comment

I made a bad shot on a nice buck and he was finished off by another hunter today. Glad he closed the deal. Really cool group of guys. Happy for the guy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Dang. How wide is he

Comment

Double post
              Last edited by PBUCKSHOT; 12-11-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Dang. How wide is he
                I had him at 15yards and looked super wide. I told everyone he was 20” minimum after trailing blood for a few hours. I haven’t seen him but they just sent me the pics. I even got permission to search the neighboring property with the GW but no luck. Suckers are tough. I got pics sent to me. One fella said he reads TBH but not a member. I’ve got another pic but **** app isn’t working. I’ll send it to your phone.

Comment

For those of you guys that have stayed at the Adolph Thomae park, do they have a lighted pier to fish from at night or just a boat launch/fish cleaning station? Trying to decide whether I want to camp there or get an airbnb also on the canal for my 1/18 hunt.

Comment

Here's the board as of 2pm

Comment

Originally posted by TexAg07 View Post
                      For those of you guys that have stayed at the Adolph Thomae park, do they have a lighted pier to fish from at night or just a boat launch/fish cleaning station? Trying to decide whether I want to camp there or get an airbnb also on the canal for my 1/18 hunt.
                      They have 2 lighted piers, never fished off of them but they usually have a decent amount of people fishing from them.

Comment

Sorry phone ain't gonna do it. If nobody else gets it, I'll post it tmrw when I get home.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Any of ya'll ever do the exotic only rifle hunts? Anyone going back there for any in January or February for one? I got drawn for the first weekend in February. Curious to know if anyone has had success with Nilgai on these hunts with fewer hunters there?

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting View Post
                              Any of ya'll ever do the exotic only rifle hunts? Anyone going back there for any in January or February for one? I got drawn for the first weekend in February. Curious to know if anyone has had success with Nilgai on these hunts with fewer hunters there?

Was there for the last hunt last year. Think it was January 19-21.
                              The weather was cold and raining on us most the hunt. We saw Nilgai but just couldn't close the deal. They are a little more skittish late in the year with the pressure put on them for 3 month. Still an awesome hunt. there were several killed as well.

Comment

We got home last night from LANWR exhausted but talking about how much we were looking forward to another chance. Learned a lot while out there. There was a lot of accurate advice throughout this thread but some of it you just have to see to believe for yourself.

Our group had encounters with a few cows and calves (never laid eyes on a bull) but were not able to seal the deal. Saw a few really good bucks also. I was able to shoot a doe our last morning and it is something I won't soon forget. Getting any animal out of the refuge is a real chore, getting a Nilgai out would be fun!

We put right at 1500 miles in the truck and each guy in our group had 25+ miles on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X