Outboard prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    He's literally one of the top 2 prop guys in texas for skinny water boats. Especially small tunnel boats.

I think You are making a mistake if you don't listen to him based off the price.

If you guy ask some guy that does props for pontoon boats in east texas, it's not going to be the same quality as foreman or Bauman. Those two guys know what they're doing. That's why jack foreman can be an ******* and stay booked up solid with work.

if you buy a new power tech prop, ask them if they'll refund your money, or change out props until it's right.
    I’m not disagreeing with what he said or that his props arent great he spent 30 min explaining what needed to happen and his opinion on how the boat is rigged and how it should be rigged , but I can’t justify the 550$for his prop wish I could .

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
      I’m an idiot but what is that and how do I check ?
      Some tunnels have a vent valve to let out trapped air. Some need a vent valve added, this helps eliminate blowout.

Comment

$35.00 to cup a 4 blade prop...
        Originally posted by CLR View Post
        This is why I warned you about Jack being very direct. His props are expensive as in anything on a boat. Once you buy he will make sure you are happy once
        you leave. A good prop can make all the difference once you are dialed in. You can have someone add cup for $200 or so but it may or may not help at all depending on what you started with.

Comment

Had the prop cupped at Baumann in Houston , 32.00$ and he did it while I waited . Gonna take it to the lake this weekend and try it out .

Comment

Had the prop cupped at Baumann in Houston , 32.00$ and he did it while I waited . Gonna take it to the lake this weekend and try it out .

You took it to the prop guru. Baumann knows what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took the boat out this morning and wow !!! World of difference for sure ..

Comment

Took the boat out this morning and wow !!! World of difference for sure ..
                Post #41

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                  Post #41

Except for the part about no jackplate on a tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Except for the part about no jackplate on a tunnel.
                    Defeating the point of a tunnel with a jack plate but do what makes u happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never known anyone with a tunnel hull boat that didn’t run a jack plate.

Comment

I've owned more tunnel boats then I'd like to admit and what others have said about Louie and Jack are dead on. On smaller tunnel scooters Jack will be a better choice for a custom prop. He may be direct but it will be correct. Louie's quality on rebuilds is hard to touch also. I've tried most of them in the past 25 years. I really hope the added cup will work but have found it's typically a band aid affecting rpm and overall performance. I agree it's costly to buy props but it's the most important piece in the puzzle of running shallow along with a jack plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                          I've owned more tunnel boats then I'd like to admit and what others have said about Louie and Jack are dead on. On smaller tunnel scooters Jack will be a better choice for a custom prop. He may be direct but it will be correct. Louie's quality on rebuilds is hard to touch also. I've tried most of them in the past 25 years. I really hope the added cup will work but have found it's typically a band aid affecting rpm and overall performance. I agree it's costly to buy props but it's the most important piece in the puzzle of running shallow along with a jack plate.
                          It’s a band aid for sure , it still needs a prop for sure but the jump in performance and handling I got from spending the 35$ was worth it . Now I can go full throttle and I’m not cavitating and I can also trim the motor to get the bow up , rides so much better it doesn’t feel it’s plowing through the water now .. If anything it will buy me some time to get some cash together for either one of jacks or a over the counter . Before the boat was almost unusable unless it was pretty calm out , if there was any chop it was ridiculous ..

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Jack Foreman 3 blade on a 19' SW Cat. Jack is the best in the business, pony up the cash and get back to having fun

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I have never known anyone with a tunnel hull boat that didn’t run a jack plate.

That don't make it right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a band aid for sure , it still needs a prop for sure but the jump in performance and handling I got from spending the 35$ was worth it . Now I can go full throttle and I’m not cavitating and I can also trim the motor to get the bow up , rides so much better it doesn’t feel it’s plowing through the water now .. If anything it will buy me some time to get some cash together for either one of jacks or a over the counter . Before the boat was almost unusable unless it was pretty calm out , if there was any chop it was ridiculous ..
                                Glad it got you going which is all that really matters anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X