No announcement yet.

TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for a helmet that has a MIPS system in it...Giro and other quality brands have integrated it into their manufacturing process.

Comment

Thanks for the helmet stuff guys. I did a leisurely 5 miles yesterday, mostly on paved road with a few decent (ok small) hills in there. Nothing for most of you, but a decent feat for a guy that hasn't peddled a bike for any amount of time since I was a kid. Still had more left in me but didn't want to be sore today.

Comment

Cool Canyon pic..
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
          Cool Canyon pic..
          Great pic!

Comment

Did 42 miles this morning but the wind got worse so I quit. Doing CDA 70.3 IM in two weeks and Wisconsin IM in September... Will be IM #19 and #20.. I’m that guy that finishes bottom 1/3 of the races though, it’s because I absolutely hate running...Ride 4-5 days a week depending on weather.

Comment

Does anyone have an indoor trainer they recommend? I hate the heat and with a newborn my schedule isn’t the easiest to just ride early before it gets bad. I’ve been looking at the Kinetic road machine 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Does anyone have an indoor trainer they recommend? I hate the heat and with a newborn my schedule isn’t the easiest to just ride early before it gets bad. I’ve been looking at the Kinetic road machine 2.0
                My wife has this one and loves it.

Comment

I won’t be cycling this year since I was in a bad car wreck and broke my wrist, tore some tendons, and busted some ribs so won’t be getting on stage. Figured it would be a good chance for my endocrine system to recover and then hit it hard all fall and winter since I’m already qualified to compete at nationals next summer. ��

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                    well balls, it says unavailable

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      The Kinetic is a fairly basic fluid trainer, and you can pick them up on Pedal bikes and junk on facebook all the time for cheap as well as Dallas craigslist.

IF you are really wanting to take you indoor training to the next level I would suggest a indoor "smart" trainer. I have a few riding buddies that have the Elite Direto and they have nothing but great reviews, even have a Pro female MTB champion that is a good friend that loves hers as well. They interact via Bluetooth with your computer or phone and have FTP testing, interactive workouts via Trainer Road, sufferfest, Etc. Not cheap but well worth it . ITs on my want list for sure.

Here is a review on it from DC rainmaker..

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/07/...rhands-on.html
                      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 06-10-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                        I won’t be cycling this year since I was in a bad car wreck and broke my wrist, tore some tendons, and busted some ribs so won’t be getting on stage. Figured it would be a good chance for my endocrine system to recover and then hit it hard all fall and winter since I’m already qualified to compete at nationals next summer. ��
                        Dang Mac!!!!!!!

I hate to hear that brother, I'm setting here with a really bad MCL Sprain in my left leg, Doc told me 6 weeks off the bike and zero running. I walked for 2 miles doing MTB trail work yesterday and can barely stand this morning..1 week down, 5 more to go

Comment

A few more pics just arrived from the 24 Hours in the Canyon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just signed up for the Cactus and Crude MS150 from Midland to Lubbock on July 21-22nd...

I don't even own a Bike yet! Would someone want to lend me one for a couple months??! or possibly have one cheap that will roll me 150 miles? I don't have much budget for this ride, maybe $200.

I know I wont have long to train, so maybe y'all can give some tips on the best way to get up to speed??? Just go ride long and hard? Do I need to focus on pace from the beginning of my first ride or breathing?? Im trying to make the most of the month I have to prepare!

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                              I just signed up for the Cactus and Crude MS150 from Midland to Lubbock on July 21-22nd...

I don't even own a Bike yet! Would someone want to lend me one for a couple months??! or possibly have one cheap that will roll me 150 miles? I don't have much budget for this ride, maybe $200.

I know I wont have long to train, so maybe y'all can give some tips on the best way to get up to speed??? Just go ride long and hard? Do I need to focus on pace from the beginning of my first ride or breathing?? Im trying to make the most of the month I have to prepare!

Thank you for signing up for a great charity ride!!!

For your first ride that's a lot to bite off

How tall are you, we might have a used old used trek down at the local shop.

Rides like that are just grit and tempo, stay at a comfortable pace

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                                Thank you for signing up for a great charity ride!!!

For your first ride that's a lot to bite off

How tall are you, we might have a used old used trek down at the local shop.

Rides like that are just grit and tempo, stay at a comfortable pace

I’m super excited, and my wife has gotten on board and will be training and riding with me! This may be a start to a whole new chapter for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X