2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
    Robert, if we bring scope and rings when picking up the rifle is it possible to have it mounted/rings lapped the day of pickup? Might be in the middle of a move when rifle is ready and my equipment will be in storage. If not able to be done that day any idea how long it would normally take?
    Bring 'em! I'd budget about an hour in your schedule.

Comment

I bed mine. Some neutral shoe polish on the scope and polished off where they contact the rings. De-grease the bottom half, ball of modeling clay to fill screw hole, then light dose of 5 min JB weld can be regular JB if your slow. Put scope where you want it and let cure. Remove scope and trim excess if you want or wipe excess with q-tip before it cures. The scope won't slide and you have very good contact with rings. I also bed the base first.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
        I bed mine. Some neutral shoe polish on the scope and polished off where they contact the rings. De-grease the bottom half, ball of modeling clay to fill screw hole, then light dose of 5 min JB weld can be regular JB if your slow. Put scope where you want it and let cure. Remove scope and trim excess if you want or wipe excess with q-tip before it cures. The scope won't slide and you have very good contact with rings. I also bed the base first.
        That sure solves any issues

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          Robert, if we bring scope and rings when picking up the rifle is it possible to have it mounted/rings lapped the day of pickup? Might be in the middle of a move when rifle is ready and my equipment will be in storage. If not able to be done that day any idea how long it would normally take?
          Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
          Bring 'em! I'd budget about an hour in your schedule.

Nice!! I asked the same question. Good to know and I'll be doing that too. Thx

Comment

Not sure who you spoke to, but it is indeed a service we offer. Though seldom have a need for. Dave or myself are the only ones that I'll let do it. There are a couple new folks up front that probably didn't know.
            Sorry Robert. I may have sent a PM to the wrong person on accident and gotten a smart arse response from someone it wasn't intended for.

Comment

I'm against lapping $200 rings because you already paid a premium to have them machined as a single unit to avoid having to correct any issues. Lapping them in is a simple concept that does not always work out in practice. There is no way to maintain even pressure on both ring halves consistently throughout the process and you can easily lose concentricity between the top and bottom halves to some degree. Which can lead to several other issues. Usually the true issue lies in the base or the attachment hardware when higher end rings exhibit alignment issues. I'm all for lapping to get that last 20% of contact, but do not see it as a tool to solve gross fitment issues. There is usually something else at play.
              Interesting... thanks for taking the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                What’s the details on that stock? Factory colors?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  What’s the details on that stock? Factory colors?
                  Grayboe Terrain (group buy deal for this build obviously)
                  Should be the Apr custom camo I would imagine

Comment

Man...I’m drooling here. Hopefully they can do this deal again in a couple of years. I’ll be ready then.

Comment

Got the call with a last minute question today, will be in production by tomorrow...

Comment

Anyone get the call today?
                        Saw a sweet 6.5 Manbun on their insta page and curious if it was a TBH’er

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Anyone get the call today?
                          Saw a sweet 6.5 Manbun on their insta page and curious if it was a TBH’er

BAM! It’s mine. I was wondering if ours would make their page.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                            BAM! It’s mine. I was wondering if ours would make their page.

Congrats sir!

Last edited by 150class; 06-06-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                              Congrats sir!

Thanks! I have some welcome home gifts for it.

Leupold LRP(or M4, I’ll decide when it gets here)
                              ARC M10 rings
                              Atlas bipod
                              Thunder Beast Ultra 7(NFA jail time)
                              And enough ammo to empty Hagerman

Last edited by savin yours; 06-06-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                                Thanks! I have some welcome home gifts for it.

Leupold LRP(or M4, I’ll decide when it gets here)
                                ARC M10 rings
                                Atlas bipod
                                Thunder Beast Ultra 7(NFA jail time)
                                And enough ammo to empty Hagerman

Beauty of a gun...I'd be there waiting with bells on! Hoping the 7mm-08's follow the manbuns in order

Comment

Working...
                                X