2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
    Well, dang it. Glad you got it sorted out. Too late now obviously, but I bet they would have sent a replacement set. I'm going to keep my eyes on the next few sets now.
    I will say I really had to lean on the lapping tool. The anodized or whatever it is was hard as a rock.

My buddy suggested swapping rings altogether with some Burris he had in stock

Comment

Thanks for the update, Robert!

Comment

Yep, you guys with the "6.5 man buns" (thanks for the laugh Craig) will be getting yours first most likely. This is probably a good time for an update. What is that saying about the best laid plans......

We had originally planned on running them through in batches as we originally laid out in the projected schedule. For several reasons spelled out in the original post this was the best approach. That was obviously based on our vendors sticking to the schedule, which mostly happened, except for actions and a few barrels. It seems like the dates keep getting pushed out on longs and short mags. I have been assured that we will have the long and short mag bolt faces by the end of this week. That does leave out the standard bolt face long actions. I am awaiting the latest update on those and will post here as soon as I get that info. I don't want to guess at it.

In the meantime, we have begun pushing the shorts out at each available opportunity and you should see those popping up with more frequency as the week progresses. We know you guys are ready to get these things in hand, and we want you guys to KNOW that these builds will be high priority when the overdue components arrive. At this point in the schedule, we aren't even going to attempt to "batch" anything. We'll be pushing them through with the regular scheduled builds as parts arrive to minimize any further delays.

Thanks,
        Robert
        Alamo Precision Rifles
        Not what I was wanting to hear, since I'm getting a .25-06 Ackley Improved, but it'll be worth the wait. In the meantime I can play with my new boat.

Comment

Yep, you guys with the "6.5 man buns" (thanks for the laugh Craig) will be getting yours first most likely. This is probably a good time for an update. What is that saying about the best laid plans......

We had originally planned on running them through in batches as we originally laid out in the projected schedule. For several reasons spelled out in the original post this was the best approach. That was obviously based on our vendors sticking to the schedule, which mostly happened, except for actions and a few barrels. It seems like the dates keep getting pushed out on longs and short mags. I have been assured that we will have the long and short mag bolt faces by the end of this week. That does leave out the standard bolt face long actions. I am awaiting the latest update on those and will post here as soon as I get that info. I don't want to guess at it.

In the meantime, we have begun pushing the shorts out at each available opportunity and you should see those popping up with more frequency as the week progresses. We know you guys are ready to get these things in hand, and we want you guys to KNOW that these builds will be high priority when the overdue components arrive. At this point in the schedule, we aren't even going to attempt to "batch" anything. We'll be pushing them through with the regular scheduled builds as parts arrive to minimize any further delays.

Thanks,
          Robert
          Alamo Precision Rifles
          Thanks for the update Robert. Looking forward to sporting my man bun here soon.

Comment

Thanks,
            Robert
            Alamo Precision Rifles
            Appreciate the update sir!

Comment

Just got the call.....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

Hell ya!

Comment

Look forward to seeing more pics of these rifles until mine is ready. 6.5 man bun like the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                    Look forward to seeing more pics of these rifles until mine is ready. 6.5 man bun like the rest of us?

Yep

Comment

Yep

Seems like a smarter choice everyday now that we are getting ours first.

Comment

Hope I get a call soon, seeing new posts only gets me more anxious lol

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                          I will ablige you.

Not part of the group build. Found the A5 used on a great deal. Robert suggested I have Joe Ducos convert the cheek piece to adjustable so I did.

Axiom action with a 22 inch 8 twist Muller in 6.5 manbun and a jewel trigger. Seekins rings holding a Ziess V6 5-30.

They knocked the paint job out the park. Pictures don't do justicd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180528_103926.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	24542117Click image for larger version

Name:	20180528_103056.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	24542118

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            I will ablige you.

Not part of the group build. Found the A5 used on a great deal. Robert suggested I have Joe Ducos convert the cheek piece to adjustable so I did.

Axiom action with a 22 inch 8 twist Muller in 6.5 manbun and a jewel trigger. Seekins rings holding a Ziess V6 5-30.

They knocked the paint job out the park. Pictures don't do justicd.

[ATTACH]910187[/ATTACH][ATTACH]910188[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                            Did you go with the low rings or mediums? Putting the exact same scope on mine. Looks great!

Comment

That's medium rings but the base sits very low.

My other rifle has seekins low rings but the base is so tall that the scope actually sits higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                                That's medium rings but the base sits very low.

My other rifle has seekins low rings but the base is so tall that the scope actually sits higher.
                                I ordered mediums so I should be okay. They are on back order.

Comment

Working...
                                X