No announcement yet.

Trip to Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you make it to Winder try Smokin' Po Boys BBQ.

The banana pudding is worth the trip. It is on a whole nother level.

Comment

Cobb Galleria is right across US 41/Marietta Hwy from Cumberland Mall. There is a Ted's Montana Grill in there fronting on 41. Buffalo anything. There was a Copeland's about 5 blocks away on 41 heading towards town inside 285. On the left, shrimp or crawfish étouffée and a plate of biscuits.

Outside Hwy. 285 is the new Braves stadium and areas around it. Never been but they say its nice. Contrary to SnapperTrapper, go there and pull for them. My deceased parents will appreciate it.

Chattahoochee River is nearby both inside and outside 285.

I would not go to The Varsity unless I just happened to drive by it. I generally go by for 3, an onion rings and PMC and then wonder why I ever went out of my way to get there. Started going there 40 years ago.

On I-20, do not stop for gas or anything between the Alabama/Mississippi State Line and Exit 73(Tuscaloosa). Just not worth the chance of getting robbed, murdered or worse.

When you get close to Birmingham you may want to take I-459. It By-Passes you around Downtown B'Ham traffic and some major bridge construction at the downtown junction.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
        Cobb Galleria is right across US 41/Marietta Hwy from Cumberland Mall. There is a Ted's Montana Grill in there fronting on 41. Buffalo anything. There was a Copeland's about 5 blocks away on 41 heading towards town inside 285. On the left, shrimp or crawfish étouffée and a plate of biscuits.

Outside Hwy. 285 is the new Braves stadium and areas around it. Never been but they say its nice. Contrary to SnapperTrapper, go there and pull for them. My deceased parents will appreciate it.

Chattahoochee River is nearby both inside and outside 285.

I would not go to The Varsity unless I just happened to drive by it. I generally go by for 3, an onion rings and PMC and then wonder why I ever went out of my way to get there. Started going there 40 years ago.

On I-20, do not stop for gas or anything between the Alabama/Mississippi State Line and Exit 73(Tuscaloosa). Just not worth the chance of getting robbed, murdered or worse.

When you get close to Birmingham you may want to take I-459. It By-Passes you around Downtown B'Ham traffic and some major bridge construction at the downtown junction.
        So I was looking at Tuscaloosa as a place to spend the night, then drive the rest of the way the next morning. How is Tuscaloosa?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
          So I was looking at Tuscaloosa as a place to spend the night, then drive the rest of the way the next morning. How is Tuscaloosa?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tuscaloosa is going to generally be OK. U.S. Hwy 69S is the first exit with Hilton and Marriott brands on South side. Next is McFarland Blvd on the North side. Newer Comfort Inn and maybe one other right there but I would say drive up McF to he Intersection of 15th Street where there is a Holiday Inn Suites (on 15th) across from University Mall. At that intersection try Full Moon BBQ. Pulled pork plate, collard greens, beans, chow chow, sweet tea and a slice of chocolate.

Don't try the Brisket, you're not in TEXAS anymore.

There is also a Hampton Inn on your right about 3 blocks North of the 15th St. intersection. You can't miss it but be careful on its access to McFarland. It is tricky. Baumhower's and Victory Grille are also good restaurants.

However, if you have a little riding left in you (1.5 hrs) then I would try to get East of Birmingham to the Leeds Area. The first exit after 459 rejoins I-20 is the Bass Pro Shops, Barber Motorsports Park/Museum one. You would like the Mortercycle Museum. It is world class. It is also the location of the Indy Car racetrack. Check the times etc and a call to them is a good idea. There is hotel there but I forget what flag. Checked and it looks like a Hampton Inn. The next exit past should have plenty of choices.
          Last edited by 18ncs; 05-24-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

However, if you have a little riding left in you (1.5 hrs) then I would try to get East of Birmingham to the Leeds Area. The first exit after 459 rejoins I-20 is the Bass Pro Shops, Barber Motorsports Park/Museum one. You would like the Mortercycle Museum. It is world class. It is also the location of the Indy Car racetrack. Check the times etc and a call to them is a good idea. There is hotel there but I forget what flag. Checked and it looks like a Hampton Inn. The next exit past should have plenty of choices. [/QUOTE]

haha, not sure I'll have another hour n half...it's 700 miles to tuscaloosa and I haven't been riding alot lately!!haha

Thanks for the insight guys!! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
              However, if you have a little riding left in you (1.5 hrs) then I would try to get East of Birmingham to the Leeds Area. The first exit after 459 rejoins I-20 is the Bass Pro Shops, Barber Motorsports Park/Museum one. You would like the Mortercycle Museum. It is world class. It is also the location of the Indy Car racetrack. Check the times etc and a call to them is a good idea. There is hotel there but I forget what flag. Checked and it looks like a Hampton Inn. The next exit past should have plenty of choices.

haha, not sure I'll have another hour n half...it's 700 miles to tuscaloosa and I haven't been riding alot lately!!haha

Thanks for the insight guys!! I really appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Yeah I looked at the distance!! If you can't make it past Meridian, Ms. there are 4 or 5 hotels at the last city exit from I-20 in MS. As a reminder don't stop until you get to Tuscaloosa in West Alabama.

You can take your pick of the Museums if you want. Motorcycle at Barber or NASCAR at Talladega. I'll send you a PM with my cell number if you have any questions.

Comment

The vortex bar and grill

Comment

I'll strongly second Fox Bros BBQ and Teds Montana Grill!! Little Five Points has some great places to eat too, my favorite is "The Vortex"... little funky, but incredible hamburgers!! I like "The Cardiac arrest".

Comment

Go to Dwarf House. It's the original Child Fil A. Get a "Hot Bun". Man they are so good!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X