Butcher pig cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butcher pig cost

What can I expect to pay for a 300lb butcher pig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't help you with that. But I can tell you everyone I've ever raised cost me a lot more than just buying pork in the store.

Comment

The last show pig we had butchered last year was around 280lbs and it was around $250.

Comment

One of my 4-H rifle kids, dad has some and offered to sell me one for mixing with deer for sausage. I was thinking if the price is right, Ill butcher it myself and cut a few pork chops and grind the rest.

Comment

.50 a pound on hoof. We butcher our own.

Comment

About $250

Comment

I paid 320.00 for two of them and both were about 300. Show hogs. $150.00-$175.00 is fair

Comment

I feed out and butcher my own .i sell piglets for 75 bucks at 7 weeks old .

Comment

I paid over $400 one time.....just once. From that point forward I relinquished my Wife of that duty. $175 - $250 depending on what you have the hog made in to.

Comment

.50 -.60 lb walking.

Comment

We get ours done at Jarrett’s meat market in Madisonville. Did 3 pigs there last spring. All around 3-350 lbs. cost us average $250 each, and that was with cured and smoked meats.
                      Got breakfast sausage, smoked link sausage, bacon, hams, and porkchops out of them.

Come to think of it, we are almost out of pork and i need to butcher another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can tell you in about a week. I took one to Springtown last week.

Comment

We did this for many years if you are buying a show pig be sure to feed it out for a while.
                          Get the show pig feed out of it's system put it on regular sow feed and corn. After about 2 months you will have the best eating pork especially the bacon.

Comment

a case of Modelo, that's my standard fee and we can get after it

Comment

I had a 300lb show pig done at Theiss in Normangee last spring. I had the loins cut into chops. Hams cured and smoked. Bacon cured and smoked. Shoulders cut into country style ribs. Ribs cut and packaged. Trimmings and scraps made into breakfast sausage. Cost about $250.

Comment

Working...
                              X