Insurance/ death/ debt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    So last night I thought I was having a heart attach, chest pains and sweating bad. But we don't have great insurance, so I did not want to go to the er. I figured it would be cheaper to let him take me if it was my time. If they had to do emergency surgery or something and I lived, I would owe hundreds of thousands of dollars. I for sure don't want that. Never really though about this before this, wondering if others have. This sucks.
    I am normally pretty nice and avoid saying anything negative. I just can't myself, you're thought process on this is just effed all the way up. That is just plain ignorant. Go to the dang doctor already.
    Last edited by wal1809; 01-12-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Go to the doctor and get your heart checked. While you're there, get your head checked because you're off your freaking rocker. Debt sucks, but they can't eat you. I can't imagine a man that would rather be dead than in debt because it may inconvenience his family. How bad do you think living without you would inconvenience them? C'mon man. Get that stuff checked out before you die and your family is faced with telling everyone how **** stupid you were.

Comment

In for the train wreck. This is an epic thread.

Comment

Have you thought it could be something as simple as high blood pressure or something else simple. Lot cheaper to prevent than waiting

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

You are worried about leaving debt for the family?

Have you priced the cost of the funeral? Last i checked they dont give them away.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              That's not insurance then. You need a plan that has an out of pocket max that won't put you in dire straits. You can get disability insurance for very little money.
              Well I have heard this to not be the case!!!!

Out of pocket max is a joke. Why do bills keep coming then after you max out?

Comment

This is something most of us will face at some point. I think it depends more on what life expectancy is. If I know regardless I will have X months, I will really think about it. If it is one of those things that can be fixed and have years left, I'm getting it fixed. Truthfully I would have most likely done the same as you but got in to my Dr asap for a checkup, or go straight to my cardio guy if I though it wasn't a for sure life and death choice that night.

Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                  Don't go to the DR...............have a stroke.........become incapacitated ,but still alive.........see how much debt you'll have then.

DJ
                  this..

most people dont realize this and think they will just die, when in fact u will likely leave your family the burden of dealing with an old man that craps himself and becomes a nuisance. Take care of yourself quit being selfish and think about the others that care about you

speaking from exp with my family
                  stroke is the leading cause of disability in the usa and heart attack is just another term for a stroke of the heart
                  Last edited by kingranch; 01-12-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Get your ***** to the ED now!

Comment

1)Get to the Dr.
                      2)Go to https://mychristiancare.org/medi-share/ and check our their insurance. This is what my parents use, and it is the most affordable insurance they could find. You pay into a pool and when you have medical expenses come up, you draw from this pool. Medishare sends you cards when you draw to send to those in the same pool as a thank you. You also receive cards and info from people that have had to use the insurance.

Comment

Go to doctor now. you being here is more important to those that care about you than the money

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Go to the doctor and get your heart checked. While you're there, get your head checked because you're off your freaking rocker. Debt sucks, but they can't eat you. I can't imagine a man that would rather be dead than in debt because it may inconvenience his family. How bad do you think living without you would inconvenience them? C'mon man. Get that stuff checked out before you die and your family is faced with telling everyone how **** stupid you were.
                          I have read the ops thread several times, typed something similar but hit the back button. Glad to see this in writing. Thanks!
                          On top of everything else heaven forbid you get incapacitated due to these dumb decisions and someone has to take care of you.

Comment

or, you don't die and because you didn't go to the hospital, you saddle your family with caring for your sorry carcass when an $8 Bayer aspirin would have you back at home in good health.

Dying isn't always the worst thing that can happen.....

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I’m with Curt.

I’ve had 3 throat surgeries this year with a $10k out of pocket max that we hit. Payment plans for medical bills are zero interested most of the time. A little debt is better than saddling them with funeral expenses or worse... you might not die and become a vegetable that will cost them a lot more than a visit to the ER for a heart attack

Comment

All heart attacks not fatal and they can damage your heart to a point where you will need constant medical help. So you still will have debt. I would get an appointment with a DR. get a full blown physical. It may be something that diet and exercise along with some meds can be treated for a small amount of money each month. Prayers for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X