• Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 ft Shallow Sport
    gets me and my boys around

Comment

X3

Comment

I studied on this same question last year.
        I wanted something I could fish for what ever was biting.
        Bought a Grizzly 2072 and so far I'm pretty happy with the decision.

I particularly fast but it handles big waves well, I can get catfish bait all over it then just stop and power wash the whole inside on my way home

Comment

For me it will be a custom built aluminum center console 1856 tunnel hull with a 150 Yamaha SHO, dual hydraulic jackplates, a timber deck or pods, 8" cat walks, and a removable bowfishing deck. Probably built by WC out of East Texas or from Prodigy out of Georgia

I mainly duck hunt but also fish a lot of shallow back waters and stumpy lakes. My tournament partner already has a zx225 that we use for most of our tournaments so having an aluminum rig makes sense so we could use it for stumpy lakes without worry of tearing up his glass hull and the dual jackplates and tunnel hull allow me to get most of the benefits of having a surface drive but still be able to fish tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            For me it will be a custom built aluminum center console 1856 tunnel hull with a 150 Yamaha SHO, dual hydraulic jackplates, a timber deck or pods, 8" cat walks, and a removable bowfishing deck. Probably built by WC out of East Texas or from Prodigy out of Georgia

I mainly duck hunt but also fish a lot of shallow back waters and stumpy lakes. My tournament partner already has a zx225 that we use for most of our tournaments so having an aluminum rig makes sense so we could use it for stumpy lakes without worry of tearing up his glass hull and the dual jackplates and tunnel hull allow me to get most of the benefits of having a surface drive but still be able to fish tournaments.
            Would you just hurry up and buy that boat

Comment

27 ft Contender center console with dual 2 stroke 250's.

Comment

I bought a bare rig, 1860 aluma-kraft tunnel hull with sponsons and a 90 Yammer haw on it... I put an aluminum and stainless front deck with lights under the deck for bowfishing/floundering, Minn-kota riptide 80# 24 volt hand control troller... It has been a very versitile boat for me. inside the sides/floor is covered/textured aluminum (no exposed ribs). It does everything I want it to do and it will cruise in 10 inches of water and I can get it on top in not much more than a foot of water... Its only drawback is much like most boats of this design is it is rough riding in choppy water...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat on Conroe-070609-2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	24526631

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1407.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24526632
                Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 01-12-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I have an 18ft 90hp fisher that fit the bill for me and it's able to pull a tube and knee board with ease. It's for sale if your interested PM me.

Comment

Since we went off on a tangent about the personal preference, I'd be tickled to be the owner of a Phoenix 921 Pro XP, Yamaha 250, 8' Blade PP's, dual Lowrance HDS 12's at console, Lowrance HDS 12 at bow. Photo of motor does not match motor of preference, but I wouldn't complain too much. I'm just much more familiar with Yamahas. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                      20x72 Gatortrax with 200 Honda or Yamaha.

Maybe build a bow fishing platform for it as well.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                      Yes sir! I'd love to have one...excellent boats

Comment

If we are dreaming big here I'd have two:

New Nautique Super Air 230

New Haynie 24 HO

That should do.

Comment

I am not much of a fisherman either why I have this.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                            I am not much of a fisherman either why I have this.
                            Are them
                            Outriggers on the side of the boat

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
                              Are them
                              Outriggers on the side of the boat
                              excellent idea!!

I have actually hooked a trolling motor up to my old prostar 190 swim platform.

Caught lots of fish out of the old MC.

Comment

That's a good looking boat

Comment

Working...
                                X