No announcement yet.

Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be left over brain matter in the cavity or left over tissue in the nasal cavity. Some of that stuff can be a pain to get out of there and will stink to high heaven. Also if you hang them on the wall with some still in there the aints will find it! Lol been there done that lmao

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
      For the guys they have done this, how do you get the rotten smell off the skull and horns? I shot a couple management bucks last year. I let them hang in a tree for awhile and decided to finish them off with this method about a month ago. It got rid of all the left over hair and meat and cleaned the skull really well. I put them in dawn dish soap last week and let them sit for a week. Just pulled them out and they are still rank. Also my horns discolored too where they were under water.

If I were you I would just stick the head down to just below the base of horn in a boiling pot and boil it for about an hour or so more of a slow simmer. See how that works and even put a 1/2 cup of liquid washing detergent with bleach in it. Try that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is clean on the outside. It's kind of a musty rotten smell. Not just a flat dead animal smell. If that make sense lol. It smelled like this before I ever put it in the water, from it hanging in the tree since December

Comment

Disregard the advice about boiling or using bleach. Both will weaken the bone. Just flush out the brain cavity well, using 40% peroxide and whitening powder. It should clean up well and will not smell bad. On the horns just use some wood stain to fix the discoloration.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            Disregard the advice about boiling or using bleach. Both will weaken the bone. Just flush out the brain cavity well, using 40% peroxide and whitening powder. It should clean up well and will not smell bad. On the horns just use some wood stain to fix the discoloration.

-john

Works well for me

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
              Works well for me

So how many 20+ year old euros to you have?

-john

Comment

So how many 20+ year old euros to you have?

-john

A few of em

Comment

-john
                  Thanks fit the info! The pics were the day I pulled them out of the dish soap bath. After I let then dry out for a coupe days, the discoloration actually when away. I will try the peroxide and powder.

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
                    A few of em

Cool. Do they still have all of the nasal features or is that just a big hole now? The point is that both boiling and bleach can make the bone brittle. In the long run most people would consider that a bad thing. I am not trying to tell you what to do with your heads. Do whatever you want but I do not see any benefits from doing it but I do see negatives.

Just my opinion.

-john

Comment

Cool. Do they still have all of the nasal features or is that just a big hole now? The point is that both boiling and bleach can make the bone brittle. In the long run most people would consider that a bad thing. I am not trying to tell you what to do with your heads. Do whatever you want but I do not see any benefits from doing it but I do see negatives.

Just my opinion.

-john

JOHN I'm not saying to boil the skull in pure bleach or anything
                      I simply stated what has and does work for me
                      It's a huge pot with only 1/2-1 cup of liquid clothes detergent with bleach in it to boil the heads in
                      I can see where your thinking it will make the bone brittle but it's not pure bleach

Comment

I caught myself breathing through my mouth as I was reading this. Beats the heck out of all the boiling I did last time

Comment

Working...
                        X