Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck. Following

Comment

Good luck man, only a few days left until elk!

As far as shot placement, man it's a bear. Stay off the shoulder and shoot a big head and you'll be fine.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Well, no bear on this trip. There were 20 hunters in camp and only one bear taken. The bear were just not moving. Toby, our outfitter, talked to other outfitters and it was the same story all over the area. In spite of the lack of bears, this was a great camp, and I plan on doing this hunt again. Of the 20 hunters in camp, 18 were shooting Black Widows. Toby Essick, and Roger Fulton from Black Widow were in attendance.

I had 1 bear come in on Friday afternoon about 45 min before the end of shooting light. He circled the bait barrel and looked toward my blind a couple times before leaving. He was never in a position where I could get a shot. I was in a ground blind about 14 yards from the bait. This was a natural brush blind, basically just spruce tree branches leaned against poles in front and on the sides, with an open back. It is pretty intense having a hungry bear just 13 - 14 yards from you, with nothing between you and him except a few spruce limbs.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself in a good camp, thats what really counts. AND you got to see a bear at close range! Glad you had a safe trip Phillip.

Comment

Thats a bummer.

So... the one guy that gets a bear... also won a black widow by default! Lucky fella!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Man! Sounds like you still had a great time and being that close to a bear on the ground would make it worth it

Comment

Glad you had a good time!!!!! A Close encounter like that on the ground would be worth the whole trip!!

Comment

Sounds like good company to be in camp with. But dang tough hunting. The outfitter make any offers to return?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X