No announcement yet.

Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome Kurdawg!! If Weston ever makes it up around Tyler let me know! Would love to see little man shank some slabs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      That's awesome Kurdawg!! If Weston ever makes it up around Tyler let me know! Would love to see little man shank some slabs!!

I have a brother I need to visit that lives up there.

Comment

Had to work for em today but it beats the heck out of just having to work!! Had my cousin and his wife out this afternoon! Much better than fishing in Ohio they said!

Comment

You should get them to take you to Lake Erie for walley, cats, sandies, and yeller perch. They got crappie in that lake too. But it's a whole lot different fishing than down here. Spring spawn is the best time to get crappie. I had a boss who had a place and a boat on Sandusky Bay. It was all about fishing. Went there several timea.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I'd like to get into a mess of walleye or yellow perch for sure! She's from Cleveland but I don't think they fish too much up there. They've bought more licenses in Tx than they have Ohio!!

Comment

Yellow perch are pretty easy to catch in the warmer months. He had a 21 foot inboard. And we'd fish in 3 to 5' anchored. And catch 300 in a few hours on crappie rigs splitting eerie shiners in half. He had an electronic scaler on the back of the cabin. And butterfly with the belly skin on. You should of seen how fast his 14 yao son could fillet the lil fish. That was back in '78-81. Lots of people would line the side of the road/bridge going over Sandusky Bay evry weekend when the weather was nice, for the little yeller perch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                I have a brother I need to visit that lives up there.

Give me a holler when you get this way! Will see if I'm around then!

Comment

47 Aquilla yesterday
                  Last edited by chief262; 09-14-2017, 07:33 AM. Reason: Pic

Comment

Awesome Chief!!! I''m hopefully going tomorrow and Sat! It's been 8 days since I've caught a crappie!

Comment

Try pic again
                      Attached Files

Comment

slowly learning how to catch them here at the pines
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2822.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	24510564

I need to learn to take pictures.....
                        That fish is 16" long but looks 10 in my picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2826.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	24510565
                        Last edited by Buff; 09-14-2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Nice haul fellers!

Comment

I think I am going to try them tomorrow. We finally kind of figured them out in March April and May and then I couldn't catch them this summer. We had a whole bunch of filets put up to have a fish fry for my sons youth group and my garage freezer came unplugged! I lost a deer, a couple of pigs, 40 lbs of breakfast sausage I had just ground and a couple hundred crappie!

I hope I can figure them dang things back out...they are frustrating little fish!

Jason
                            Last edited by Cantcatch5; 09-14-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I went Tuesday out to Ray R. Caught about 40. It was a dink fest. 4 keepers all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Finally got on the water after lunch. Lots of dinks but we got it done!!

Comment

Working...
                                X