Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #251
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Which monuments in Chicago are they going to remove if it's that easy??
Oprah would be a good start.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #252
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
ProjectCrime just reported there were 2 deadly shootings this afternoon in the 5th ward

crime and murders will never end until deadbeat parents, drug dealers, and young black & white thugs are held accountable
I'm being a bit flippant with that statement.

The thugs are rampant in this state as well. Spend a few hours in the local court rooms and it is not hard to understand why.

I'm sure a hundred years from now your current mayor would like to be memorialized based on his actions of removing these historical monuments.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #253
Ironman
Pope & Young

General Lee is still on his feet. They can't get him to lay down. How ironically fitting.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #254
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

Anyone who isn't an complete idiot lost today.

I'm not much of a historian or Civil War buff as this totally sums up my feelings on this thread and topic ......

Depending on which version of history you believe, the one thing you cannot deny is the bravery of men (White & Black) fighting to the death against an invading force, despite being severely outnumbered & outgunned.

The North had all the manufacturing centers w/ the most modern weapons, & the Southern farmers had to piece together make-shift weapons for the most part & put up a valiant short-handed fight against what they believed was an unjust invasion that jeopardized the lives of both proletariat & slave alike

One day the North is complicit w/ them in slavery, buying goods from the South, & the next day they were fighting against them (with slaves on both sides fighting for their regions)

Nobody is debating that human slavery is awful; it's the hypocritical narrative the North pushed to justify the war that skews history & is disingenuous at best.

I am truly thankful for our forefathers both white and black and the courage they portrayed. I will NOT forget the past, and will tell my children and their children about the TRUTH and why these 100+ year old monuments were taken down.

What I'm feeling right now lots of somberness

Cajun Blake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #255
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

And now they're coming for Andrew Jackson .... https://twitter.com/jadelson/status/...955584/video/1

"give 'em an inch" ..... nothing will stop these delusional idiots

I guarantee none of these SJW's and snowflakes know that Andrew Jackson was a POTUS and founder of the Democratic party

Old 05-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #256
Ironman
Pope & Young

Now how ironic would that be? Unbelievable!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #257
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Are you kidding me...the $20 bill??

Going Full Blown Stupid.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #258
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
And now they're coming for Andrew Jackson .... https://twitter.com/jadelson/status/...955584/video/1

"give 'em an inch" ..... nothing will stop these delusional idiots

I guarantee none of these SJW's and snowflakes know that Andrew Jackson was a POTUS and founder of the Democratic party

This whole movement to remove our confederate history was started by a freakin republican, one i personally respected at the time. Gov. Nikki Haley started eith the removal of the confederate flag after the church shooting.
that was the inch and we are currently seeing them take that mile
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #259
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Wow! the 7th President of the U.S. And defender of NOLA in the Battle of 1812 against the British. And winning that battle. And they are taking him down? That is down right disgraceful!!

Edit: I just read the link you posted Blake. It said "city officials" would not take action on that.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-19-2017 at 08:44 PM..
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #260
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Jackson was not part of the civil war. He wasn't even alive when it happened. NOLA should be grateful for his actions. Or there may not have been a U.S. NOLA.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #261
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

I understand that it is crazy to try forget history and what both sides were fighting for.

My question is what exactly did General Lee do for the advancement of modern America? I am asking out of ignorance not spite.
The reason I ask is if he is only known for leading the confederate army then why do so many people idolize him?
be12hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 PM   #262
Neck
Ten Point

Hunt In: DeWitt County

In 1814 we took a little trip....

Thank you Colnel Jackson for kicking some butt against the British invaders in the Battle of New Orleans. Sadly, the snowflakes don't know their history, are ungrateful and undeserving and have set their sights on you now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #263
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by be12hunt View Post
I understand that it is crazy to try forget history and what both sides were fighting for.

My question is what exactly did General Lee do for the advancement of modern America? I am asking out of ignorance not spite.
The reason I ask is if he is only known for leading the confederate army then why do so many people idolize him?
Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different responses based on their personal beliefs or what they were taught

Best thing to do is research the inet and start be reading his wiki page to get a detailed and thorough understanding of Lee's personal life, military career, and accomplishments. In short, he graduated top of his class from West Point and was a great military leader although somewhat questionable battlefield tactician. Many people don't remember that Lee served 2 yrs in Texas

After reading, formulate your own personal opinion , whether positive or negative of his life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee
Old 05-19-2017, 09:50 PM   #264
be12hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different responses based on their personal beliefs or what they were taught

Best thing to do is research the inet and start be reading his wiki page to get a detailed and thorough understanding of Lee's personal life, military career, and accomplishments. In short, he graduated top of his class from West Point and was a great military leader although somewhat questionable battlefield tactician. Many people don't remember that Lee served 2 yrs in Texas

After reading, formulate your own personal opinion , whether positive or negative of his life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee
That makes sense I was just wondering if there were a few key things he did. When I get some free time I'll have to educate myself.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #265
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

Interesting topic. Interesting comments and takes. Many have solid validity, many are just hyperbole.
For me growing up sitting under these monuments, leaning on them, walking by them, driving by them, and marching by them in Mardi Gras parades it gives me a interesting look at this issue. For one, history is just that.....it wont change. The city, state and other southern states loss the war and New Orleans decided to memorialize those figures when more than half of the city population did not have a say so.....right or wrong that was the decision back then. Fast forward to 2017, right or wrong this Mayor decided to make a decision in that same manner. Touche'.........I guess! As noted previously, white flight (Metarie/Northshore) & some black flight (Kenner/New Orleans East) was historical in the 1980's but many continued to get there livelihood/paychecks from the city and what it drew.........sounds like most cities to me. It is somewhat odd to have a fit about this issue if you have not lived in that city and paid taxes for 30+ years though.......cant have it both ways.
Heck lets be clear, the founding of New Orleans was over 150 years before the civil war by the French. Then taken over by the Spanish (jambalaya) and then back to the French before the Louisiana Purchase by Thomas Jefferson. New Orleans was the melting pot looooong before this nation was even formed. Point being, NOLA's history is far older and richer than what the Civil War represented and those various statues. That was a "moment in time" to be recognized, but rest assured having those statues there..........or not having those statues there wont change the daily "outlook/strife/dreams" of anyone living there or even visiting. The Mayor is not my cup of tea nor was his dad, heck his sister was not even a decent Senator. It is all about attention for him and it is apparent as the story is national, which works for his future aspirations.
For those that don't realize, when folks want a antebellum or civil war focus they don't geaux to New Orleans anyway......(go there to party).....they head to the River Parishes (plantation country) to view the mansions, slave quarters, history and writings of what was experienced during those years of conflict. Those tours are on PRIVATE property and they can do or show whatever they please.......visitors vote with there pocketbooks! The free market decides if they want to know about those historical events & figures. Some plantations DO NOT discuss the issue of slavery. A plantation 5 miles away has built it reputation on that very indept look at that subject. Both make gobs of money.
By all means, the monuments should not be cast aside for trash but auctioned to folks or organizations that feel they want to highlight that moment in time. Heck, raise the funds and develop a museum that works for that genre.....sounds like a business opportunity to me! I am sure the hundreds of tour buses that visit the River Parishes will roll in with tourists eager to spend money..........or not.
Oops, this all reminded me I gotta make reservations at the Marriot Convention Center for my Mardi Gras ball on February 9th.
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 PM   #266
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

There seems to be a prevailing opinion in some quarters that white folks in the south look at confederate statues and think "them's were the good old days - back when we got to own people and blacks knew their place" With a few VERY minor exceptions, nothing could be further from the truth. It is my position that the history of any culture - warts and all - needs to be preserved. We all understand and acknowledge that slavery was a stain on our founding ideals and was an ugly era of the American experiment. But the attempt to erase history by pulling down statues and renaming streets does nothing in the way of solving current problems.

Last edited by jerp; 05-19-2017 at 10:20 PM..
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:16 PM   #267
Landrover
Pope & Young

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Jackson was not part of the civil war. He wasn't even alive when it happened. NOLA should be grateful for his actions. Or there may not have been a U.S. NOLA.
Actually the battle was in Chalmette (4 miles downriver and a lot further by horse.....10 miles I reckon!) and the war was already over but they did not have cell phones back then!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:18 PM   #268
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Actually the battle was in Chalmette (4 miles downriver and a lot further by horse.....10 miles I reckon!) and the war was already over but they did not have cell phones back then!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #269
be12hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
There seems to be a prevailing opinion in some quarters that white folks in the south look at confederate statues and think "them's were the good old days - back when we got to own people and blacks knew their place" With a few VERY minor exceptions, nothing could be further from the truth. I cIt is my position that the history of any culture - warts and all - needs to be preserved. We all understand and acknowledge that slavery was a stain on our founding ideals and was an ugly era of the American experiment. But the attempt to erase history by pulling down statues and renaming streets does nothing in the way of solving current problems.
I typically view a statue of one person as a celebration of their life and successes so the removal of this statue doesnt seem like an attempt to erase history in my opinion. It seems that people that disagreed with General Lee's support and stance during the civil war do not want a statue memorializing him. I can understand their point of view but also understand that General Lee did other things that deserve recognition.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #270
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:
There seems to be a prevailing opinion in some quarters that white folks in the south look at confederate statues and think "them's were the good old days - back when we got to own people and blacks knew their place" With a few VERY minor exceptions, nothing could be further from the truth. It is my position that the history of any culture - warts and all - needs to be preserved. We all understand and acknowledge that slavery was a stain on our founding ideals and was an ugly era of the American experiment. But the attempt to erase history by pulling down statues and renaming streets does nothing in the way of solving current problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #271
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
I typically view a statue of one person as a celebration of their life and successes so the removal of this statue doesnt seem like an attempt to erase history in my opinion. It seems that people that disagreed with General Lee's support and stance during the civil war do not want a statue memorializing him. I can understand their point of view but also understand that General Lee did other things that deserve recognition.
My problem is this...its 133 years old & part of N.O. history / legacy.

The statue does not belong to the elected officials...it belongs to the residents of N.O. Why should 1/2 dozen people make a decision of a million residents?? This is scary to me.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #272
be12hunt
Ten Point

Quote:

The statue does not belong to the elected officials...it belongs to the residents of N.O. Why should 1/2 dozen people make a decision of a million residents?? This is scary to me.
That's a good point. I can understand that the statue itself has become a part of NOLA history and can see being upset about that. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #273
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:

My problem is a mentally unstable white kid shot up a black church in SC and this anti-confederate movement started. I'm sick and tired of this bull****!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #274
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Quote:
I admit that I to some degree look at this through the lenses I was born with. I can't pretend to fully understand the African American perspective on these issues but I try -looking at it through their eyes might make us feel differently. I have deep roots in the old south on both sides of my family and I have studied the Civil War era for most of my 60 years. I know for fact that some of my ancestors owned slaves which is both horrifying and confusing because I also know of great and compassionate things they did. I guess it always comes back to the fact that humans are a flawed species with a mix of evil and good, sometimes in equal measure. The point is we make horrible mistakes in the way we treat each other, then get it right and move on.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #275
Stoof
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Will work for hunts.

San Antonio could make a few bucks by leveling the Alamo and the missions. Some serious history of death, displacement and depravity. Hek let's just level the Vatican while we are at it. Wipe the slate clean and start all over. Uhg. I find this whole situation maddening. And I'm probably more liberal than your average TBH member. I'm a big fan of Lee and his place in history.

-------------------------------
Violence never settles anything
-Genghis Kahn
Stoof is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #276
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wyoming and Texas

Quote:
Good post Jerp.
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #277
coon007
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Tx and Hill country

imaging all those poor pigeon's where are they going to take a crap ? New Orleans you should be ashamed of yourselves. now go get them some little port o pots
coon007 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 05:52 AM   #278
monsterspike
Six Point

hey mayor, now can we now have a kate jenner statue erection?
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #279
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterspike View Post
hey mayor, now can we now have a kate jenner statue erection?
No. That part has been rendered useless
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #280
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
No. That part has been rendered useless
I see what you did there.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #281
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
I admit that I to some degree look at this through the lenses I was born with. I can't pretend to fully understand the African American perspective on these issues but I try -looking at it through their eyes might make us feel differently. I have deep roots in the old south on both sides of my family and I have studied the Civil War era for most of my 60 years. I know for fact that some of my ancestors owned slaves which is both horrifying and confusing because I also know of great and compassionate things they did. I guess it always comes back to the fact that humans are a flawed species with a mix of evil and good, sometimes in equal measure. The point is we make horrible mistakes in the way we treat each other, then get it right and move on.
Sanity prevails again!

Quote:

Maybe 350k residents using new math....lol. Yep, should have been voted upon before a HUGE decision like that was made......kinda like they should have voted on it 133 years ageaux! All about perspective my friend. I am sure someone will make millions off these statues as it is the American way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 AM   #282
Artos
Pope & Young

I think we both would agree how a vote would have turned out 133 years ago amigo...today?? I'm not sure, but so much for the will of the people. Rotten deal no matter how you want to slice it.

Actions of a tyrant & not a public servant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Sanity prevails again!

Maybe 350k residents using new math....lol. Yep, should have been voted upon before a HUGE decision like that was made......kinda like they should have voted on it 133 years ageaux! All about perspective my friend. I am sure someone will make millions off these statues as it is the American way.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #283
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas/Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmag View Post
It is puzzling why it is only one part of history that has to be removed to make it all better.

Would you want your uncle that molested you to have a statue glorifying him in your living room?

No, not having the statue won't change history, but you don't want to have a constant reminder of those times that he did those despicable things to you.

Your uncle never molested me and was a great man, he even helped my mom change a tire when he saw her with a flat on the side of the road.
Visited my dad everyday when he was in the hospital.
He coached my little league baseball team.

I say we should leave the statue of your uncle who molested you in your living room.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 10:09 AM   #284
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Would you want your uncle that molested you to have a statue glorifying him in your living room?

No, not having the statue won't change history, but you don't want to have a constant reminder of those times that he did those despicable things to you.

Your uncle never molested me and was a great man, he even helped my mom change a tire when he saw her with a flat on the side of the road.

I say we should leave the statue of your uncle who molested you in your living room.
Get real. That is a pathetic anology.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #285
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn View Post
The womb does not belong to the elected officials...it belongs to the woman. Why should 1/2 dozen people elected officials make a decision of a 150 million women?? This is scary to me.
That's t he case that pro-choice folks make about abortion
You have twelve 80 year old men making a decision about what 20 year old women should do with their bodies.

Slippery slope....

Last edited by texansfan; 05-20-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Old 05-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #286
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Get real. That is a pathetic anology.
It's spot on.
General Lee represents horrible things done to black people (your uncle who molested you)
He's part of history and can't change it (your dreams will still haunt you)
But maybe you don't want to be reminded of him everyday (ie take the statue down)

Be careful with that "majority rules" mindset because before I'm dead there will be less white americans than there are any "other" type of americans.
That's when the chickens will come home to roost.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #287
texansfan
Ten Point

For the record, I don't care because I don't live or pay taxes in New Orleans
the mayor can obviously get away with this because this is what his constituents want.

You think the mayor of Vidor could get away with this???
Old 05-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #288
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's spot on.
General Lee represents horrible things done to black people (your uncle who molested you)
But maybe you don't want to be reminded of him everyday (ie take the statue down)

Be careful with that "majority rules" mindset because before I'm dead there will be less white americans than there are any "other" type of americans.
Guess what. There is not one person still alive from that time era. Your comparison is null and void.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #289
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's spot on.

*** is wrong with you? Your more of an idiot than I ever thought.
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #290
be12hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
*** is wrong with you? Your more of an idiot than I ever thought.
He was trying to make a point without attacking anyone personally like you'RE doing in your post.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #291
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:

Long way to get there, but the eagle has landed!
Quote:
I think we both would agree how a vote would have turned out 133 years ago amigo...today?? I'm not sure, but so much for the will of the people. Rotten deal no matter how you want to slice it.

Actions of a tyrant & not a public servant.
Ahhhh.....you missed one salient point. The lowest Americans were free 133 years ago and were the largest population in the city......with zero say so or voting rights about any public or civic activities! Just imagine if they had the ability to vote on erecting those statues......it would have never passed!!! Fast forward today the city is still majority AA......("i agree it should have went to vote").......but they would have come down either way as the vote would have been to remove them.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #292
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
He was trying to make a point without attacking anyone personally like you'RE doing in your post.
No. He was pulling a drive by pot stirring, like he always does.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #293
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
You can make a point without bringing in molesting a family member. No need to even make that comparison in this situation.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #294
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Correct , mayor told city council to take a vote , they voted 6-1 for removal of statues ... people never got a chance to vote
Quote:
What...how can that happen?? Was there any sort of legal action or anything to stop it & lost blake??

How can a mayor & council make a decision such as this on their own without the voice of the people?? That statue has value & they should be allowed to destroy 'the people's money'??
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt247 View Post
Mayor and counsel were voted in by the people.
They should have auctioned it off and had winner bidder responsible for removal. Saved money and statue would go somewhere good (Maybe).
They are probably going to sell it for scrap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmag View Post
News channel said there was a public comment opportunity, not sure where, when, or how.
Quote:
Obviously, it wouldn't have mattered if there was a majority against it. It's obvious the Mayor wanted it down......regardless.

http://www.saveourneighborhood.net/

not enough VOTING RESIDENTS of the city of New Orleans gives a care about this stature
You see the above link?
They fought Sean tooth and nail before they let him proceed
Actually, I'm sure it was a bunch of money exchanged behind the scenes over a very long period of time

Long story short, the voting residents of New Orleans did NOT want that NYCer coming down and opening a business in their hood so they got vocal about it and fought it

The exact opposite with what is going on with this statue

Maybe the city will auction it off and TBH can get together and buy it???
Old 05-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #295
be12hunt
Ten Point

Quote:
No. He was pulling a drive by pot stirring, like he always does.
That may be the case, but he at least didn't make a personal attack on someone over an internet discussion.

If he's wrong then argue it the way you did in your response. Calling someone an idiot doesn't prove any point.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #296
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
That may be the case, but he at least didn't make a personal attack on someone over an internet discussion.

If he's wrong then argue it the way you did in your response. Calling someone an idiot doesn't prove any point.
He's proven that point many times over again
Old 05-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #297
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
That's t he case that pro-choice folks make about abortion
You have twelve 80 year old men making a decision about what 20 year old women should do with their bodies.

Slippery slope....
...don't ever screw with my quotes again in such serious matters. I don't want anyone to think I posted the crap that is between your ears. Pitiful.

Grant may represent negative tones to you, but not to the others that actually follow history & want to preserve it, not change or erase it. He was against slavery.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:39 AM   #298
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
You can make a point without bringing in molesting a family member. No need to even make that comparison in this situation.
Touchy touchy...

You do understand that slavery to some AA = a family member molesting them, right?

You ever seen pics and videos of a slave that's been whipped with their skin burst open on their back?
That's kinda what REL represents to them
A time and a place they care not to remember

Just like a 45 year old man would care not to remember horrible things his father or uncle did to him at 5 years old

You think Penn State was wrong for removing statues of Joe Pa and the guy he KNOWINGLY let continue to do bad things to lil boys?

History is history but you don't want it to be in your present.

Find a new way to govern because the minorities will actually be MAJORITIES within the next 70 years
Old 05-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #299
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Touchy touchy...

You do understand that slavery to some AA = a family member molesting them, right?

You ever seen pics and videos of a slave that's been whipped with their skin burst open on their back?
That's kinda what REL represents to them
A time and a place they care not to remember

Just like a 45 year old man would care not to remember horrible things his father or uncle did to him at 5 years old

You think Penn State was wrong for removing statues of Joe Pa and the guy he KNOWINGLY let continue to do bad things to lil boys?

History is history but you don't want it to be in your present.

Find a new way to govern because the minorities will actually be MAJORITIES within the next 70 years
My first comment still stands and thanks for proving my point even further. If an AA compares slavery that happened long ago to molestation then my comment goes for them as well. Not sure how anybody could make that comparison but I shouldn't be surprised with the crap you continually come up with.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #300
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

No group in NO has ever made a big stink about the monuments in the past 100 years.
Very likely most of the city never gave them a second thought and probably most had no idea what or who they represent.
This is puse socialist leaders wanting to disturb people
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top