Doc and Jr ride again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc and Jr ride again!!!

The wedding is under a month away and it's a packed schedule until then. Taking my future stepson hunting this weekend. About a year ago I bought a bison hunt at the local sci banquet. Jr is gonna try to knock him down with the Horton crossbow, 500 grain bolts and 125 grain silver flames upfront. Same broadhead and about the same total arrow weight I killed my Wyoming bull with. I have promised him a sheep or two as well. I think the 4 horns, corsicans, black sheep, Texas dalls, and anything else that stands still may be in trouble!!!!!! Should be a good time. Headed to champion ranch down by Colorado city and my good friend Derek is meeting us for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck.

Comment

I'm in for the carnage!

Comment

It's like Christmas all over. A Doc may and Jr hunt! I'm so excited. Best of luck Jr!!! Tuned in for sure

Comment

Don't forget the boots!!!

Good luck Doc and Jr

Comment

Hopefully we get the bison deal done. Planning on a cookout the night before the wedding. Thinking ice cold keg beer, bison burgers, bacon wrapped bison roll ups and maybe a few bison steaks!

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
              Don't forget the boots!!!

Good luck Doc and Jr

Good call! Gotta go find his and grab my new lowa's. Need to start wearing mine as much as possible to prepare for New Zealand!

Comment

Awesome!!!! Good luck

Comment

Good luck!! In! You shooting anything?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    Good luck!! In! You shooting anything?

I have never been there and not real sure what they have. I'm taking my carbon defiant and my brand new Mathews halon 32/6. Haven't even sighted in the halon yet! I'm packing my 300 wsm but mainly just in case jr makes a marginal shot on the bison and it's in a big pasture. I'm always up for flinging arrows and Cauy always wants me to kill something. I think the ranch in Brady is their show place. If we were going there I bet my checkbook would be more in danger!!!!

Comment

Heck yeah I'm in for this! Good luck Doc and Jr! Can't wait for the pic's to start rolling in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Took him to see his great grandparents last weekend. Momma had to go to the hospital and he wanted to hunt with his 22. We shot 3 rabbits with the 22 abd I killed one with my bow. We cooked them that night with some gravy over noodles. Felt like when I was a kid with my grandmother. It was rabbit or squirrel or dove or quail with dumplings!

Comment

That young man is making memories he will never forget thanks to you taking the time to spend with him. Nice job Doc.

Comment

Good job on the rabbits. Good luck on the hunt. Should be good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                              That young man is making memories he will never forget thanks to you taking the time to spend with him. Nice job Doc.

Heck, I appreciate him making memories with me! He has a long weekend and could have gone to be with his dad. Instead we are going hunting. I have lived a life with lots of "stuff" but it really was pretty shallow. I'm enjoying the kid and I hope he continues to love hunting the way I do and learns from it. Hopefully I'm a decent role model and he can learn as much from me as I have learned from him. See, even doc gets soft in his old age!

Comment

Working...
                              X