No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right at the primitive camp is an easy exit, at least for canoe. Look for the beaten path leading away from the water. You cant exactly 'see' the primitive camp itself from down on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
      Anyone planning on going anytime soon?
      I'll go one afternoon if you want to. I'm off on Monday. Mid morning spot n stalk maybe?

Comment

HOGs!!

Went out Friday morning... (Saw about 15 deer) and one loan boar... Couldn't get a shot on the piggie but it wasn't for lack of trying!!! I guess next time I'll shoot him as he's hauling *** past me!!!!!, lol

Comment

Can u use a ATV on granger if disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by EliteZ28Bow View Post
            Anyone planning on going anytime soon?
            Me and my boy looking to go Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsouthunter View Post
              Can u use a ATV on granger if disabled?
              No.....u cant...

Comment

All gates locked anyways, no way you could lift an atv over the fence, u can only use a mountain bike...

Comment

Acorns should be hittin the ground soon if not already. Im several miles upstream and were starting to get some acorn drops. Some species are droppin hard...some not at all.

Any tag holders bag some deer yet?

Comment

The draw deer season out there starts on 16th I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      The draw deer season out there starts on 16th I believe
                      Very well. Thank you for the info. Im gonna stay away to let the tag holders harvest...for at least a month...mid November will hopefully be a cooler time to go chase some hogs.

Last time at Granger, I drank 3 liters of water going in. I was tapped...dry....upon retrograde. Not fun cramping with two miles of bush hike ahead. Ill bring salt tablets next summer hunt...and more water.

Comment

I am locked up during the week, working for the man. But i am free most weekends. Going to Rocksprings next weekend to see if deer are finally moving. If open this weekend, 10/10/15, maybe we can get something rolling.

I can bring the canoe out.

Comment

I walked around gate 9 yesterday and went pretty far in.....no fresh pig sign, kicked up deer, saw 2 barred owls and shot a squirrel with the toelke......no piggies.....looks like it was all washed out a while ago from the flooding...

Comment

Anybody been out to see where the fire was out there? I couldn't tell from the TV broadcast, but it looked like the South side close to the primitive camp?

Comment

It says south of the lake off 1331 so that would be close to where your saying but this article doesn't pin point location either...says 88 acres burned

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                http://www.kvue.com/story/news/local...unty/73891060/

It says south of the lake off 1331 so that would be close to where your saying but this article doesn't pin point location either...says 88 acres burned
                                Thanks. We need some rain. Getting pretty dry out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X