No announcement yet.

mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll boil a 30 lb sack. I dump 3 lbs of seasoning. Cut up 4 pounds of habanero peppers. Boil mud bugs for 3 min. Turn off heat dump a 20lb sack of ice inn with the them . Let them puppy's soak for 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by captdavedupnik View Post
      I'll boil a 30 lb sack. I dump 3 lbs of seasoning. Cut up 4 pounds of habanero peppers. Boil mud bugs for 3 min. Turn off heat dump a 20lb sack of ice inn with the them . Let them puppy's soak for 30 minutes.

Dang bro!! It doesn't surprise me though. I know you like that hot stuff. That hot arse jerky you make is dang good but hot hot!!

Ray

Comment

I did both ways yesterday and I didn't really taste a difference. I did like they way I kept the nasty water out of the boil though.

I did the 2 pot method like in that video. Steam for 4 min and soak for 30.

Comment

I'm going to try this method for mother's day, hopefully it's a success.

Comment

So can you buy the seasoning at the Katy location b/c I don't see it online?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo45 View Post
              So can you buy the seasoning at the Katy location b/c I don't see it online?
              Yes

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                We did some for Easter and they were great. Really was surprised of the Mustard. Gave them a nice kick.
                Coming from a real Coonazz that eats absolutely anything - and I do mean anything. Ain't no way I'm putting yellow friggin' mustard on crawfish. That's just nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                  Coming from a real Coonazz that eats absolutely anything - and I do mean anything. Ain't no way I'm putting yellow friggin' mustard on crawfish. That's just nasty.

They don't taste like mustard.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    They don't taste like mustard.
                    Then why put it in there?

Maybe I'm a purist, but I don't think boiled crawfish needs to be improved upon.

To each his own.

Comment

I'm very picky about my crawfish, was a skeptic about the mustard.....they good man, bet you'd like em

Comment

i'M a newbie but very interested... sombody post the WHOLE process... I got nobody 2 teach me...

Comment

Then why put it in there?

Maybe I'm a purist, but I don't think boiled crawfish needs to be improved upon.

To each his own.

I got your back brother

I'm sure the "new and improved" method is very good , and have no doubt I could further tweak the recipe according to my taste buds

However, if it ain't broken don't fix it , I'm old school and will continue to boil the old fashioned way that has been proven by countless generations of Cajuns and Coonazzes

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            I got your back brother

I'm sure the "new and improved" method is very good , and have no doubt I could further tweak the recipe according to my taste buds

However, if it ain't broken don't fix it , I'm old school and will continue to boil the old fashioned way that has been proven by countless generations of Cajuns and Coonazzes

just ordered 10 bags of seasoning from you for this weekend, thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                              just ordered 10 bags of seasoning from you for this weekend, thanks man.

mailing it tomorrow a.m. with some FREE fajita

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                mailing it tomorrow a.m. with some FREE fajita

Sweet, doing fajitas tonight. Gracias amigo

Comment

Working...
                                X