No announcement yet.

Skiing on Spring Break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently went to Keystone and Steamboat. I don't have kids myself, but noticed right away how well the Steamboat staff worked with kids.

Comment

As mentioned in earlier post - if you're flying forget about NM, it would be a pain. You might want to check out Salt Lake City. Easy to fly in/out of...you can stay up in the mountains if you want, or in the city (less expensive). There's a bunch of spots to ski up Big Cottonwood or Little Cottonwood canyons or you can drive over to Park City to get the full-on tourist/Colorado-type ski experience!

Comment

Angelfire and Riodoso. Kids had more fun at Riodoso.

Comment

Re: Skiing on Spring Break?

I leave for red river next Thursday I'll let you know how it goes. This month is military appreciation month so lift tickets are 50% off and so are rentals for me and my family

Comment

telluride is another option....fly into montrose and catch a shuttle up to the village if you want to stay at a ski in/ski out place....take the gondola to town and you can walk everywhere in town.....I liked it up there too...only 2.5 hour flight to montrose also

Comment

FYI- You just can't count on the snow 100% Springbreak in New Mexico. That being said Red River town is better than AngelFire but I like sking at Angel Fire better for kids.
              Taos is not near as kid friendly because of tough terrain, but there are no snowboards.(atleast the last time we were there}

In Summit county Co.,you can always find snow.
              Holiay Inn at Dillon always has rooms for $99. Has indoor pool for the kids. You are centraliy located. You can hit Keystone, Breck, Copper, A Basin, Vail.
              To compare a ski in/out lodging in Breck would be atleast $500 per nite.

Comment

Re: Skiing on Spring Break?

Signup on liftopia.com for discounted lift tickets.

steamboat is great!

Comment

Snowboarding has been allowed at taos for about 5 years now.

Comment

Watching this

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                      For the price, you cant beat Monarch in Colorado. Kid friendly,cheap lift tickets and no long lines. Closest town is Salida. My favorite is Keystone but it is very pricey. Just my 2 cents!
                      x100

Comment

We are headed to Breckenridge this year.

Comment

New Mexico has a few neat places; Angelfire, Red River, Ski Apache. The problem with NM, (esp if you have to plan in advance for certain dates, i.e. spring break) is that you never know if there is going to be enough snow. All those neat places I mentioned above suck without enough snow.

Do yoursels a favor and go to CO! Durango is a neat place, as is Wolf Creek and Winterpark.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            New Mexico has a few neat places; Angelfire, Red River, Ski Apache. The problem with NM, (esp if you have to plan in advance for certain dates, i.e. spring break) is that you never know if there is going to be enough snow. All those neat places I mentioned above suck without enough snow.

Do yoursels a favor and go to CO! Durango is a neat place, as is Wolf Creek and Winterpark.

Bisch
                            Hear ya, Bisch. That was our experience at Taos...nothing but slush.

Thanks, everybody. Y'all have been a wealth of info!
                            Last edited by bar2hunter; 01-16-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Taos and Breck currently both have a base in the mid 30's. It can be hit and miss anywhere. Typically lake Tahoe gets some of the deepset snow of all yet last year was a horrible year. The northern NM spots usually do OK. Apache, the furthest southernmost resort in the US has alot of bad years but they have good snowmaking and some good blues and blacks at the bottom.

Comment

Red River or Angelfire

Comment

Working...
                                X