• Show
Clear All

Congrats to the team!

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

A couple more pics. Tyler put a text book shot on this doe...took out heart n lungs and watched her drop in sight. He is hooked! I watched it all play out from afar. They had a lone doe come in at first but she wouldn't settle in good. They could of taken a shot but I have stressed to Colton over the years to let them settle in. She didn't and walked off. I was impressed. 10 min later 4 mature doe came in with a couple of nubbers in tow. One of the does was obviously bigger and darker than the others. Hmmmm, after all my talks with Colton over the years, would he wait for her to get right or get Tyler setup on a doe that was closer but not as big. Me and my boy sure think alike! He waited for that big knot head doe to work in and then waited for her to turn and gave Tyler the green light. The x trick tore her up! Good times watching these youngins use their hunting instincts and enjoy themselves under the open sky. To be continued after this cold front blows in.

Last edited by Johnny; 01-07-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            A couple more pics. Tyler put a text book shot on this doe...took out heart n lungs and watched her drop in sight. He is hooked! I watched it all play out from afar. They had a lone doe come in at first but she wouldn't settle in good. They could of taken a shot but I have stressed to Colton over the years to let them settle in. She didn't and walked off. I was impressed. 10 min later 4 mature doe came in with a couple of nubbers in tow. One of the does was obviously bigger and darker than the others. Hmmmm, after all my talks with Colton over the years, would he wait for her to get right or get Tyler setup on a doe that was closer but not as big. Me and my boy sure think alike! He waited for that big knot head doe to work in and then waited for her to turn and gave Tyler the green light. The x trick tore her up! Good times watching these youngins use their hunting instincts and enjoy themselves under the open sky. To be continued after this cold front blows in.

Good stuff Johnny!

When the boys show that they have like listened and learned like that it can sure make an Old Mans chest swell!

Comment

That's what it's about Johnny. Passing the torch pretty good there hand!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Good stuff Johnny!

When the boys show that they have like listened and learned like that it can sure make an Old Mans chest swell!
                Sure can. I know you've been doing the same thing with your boys over the years. I'm far from the perfect dad but when I see my son's deep passion for the outdoors (hunting, fishing, artifact hunting etc.) whatever it may be, I at least know I did something right along the way.
                Last edited by Johnny; 01-08-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                  That's what it's about Johnny. Passing the torch pretty good there hand!
                  I took Ol Tyler on his very first deer hunt when he was 9. He didn't hunt but he was with Colton when he shot a doe. Tyler has been ate up with it ever since. He also grew up hunting our place in Madison County that recently sold. He killed every single one of his deer up there except this one he killed yesterday evening.

Tyler's first deer hunt with us.

Well, we are going to wait on that north wind so no hunting today. These 2 will be back in the stand Saturday afternoon and Colton is up to bat trying to get his first ever kill with his bow. He's taken plenty with the crossbow but he's ready to pull back on something.

Comment

Great job Johnny, my stepson sure likes to shoot them but I sure wish he would get more into the hunting and nature part of it. You brought them two up right, with all of the electronics now kids being outdoors has fell of over the years since I grew up.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

My very first muzzleloader deer ever. I don't know how many times I've seen this deer this year... He should have send one of his bigger buddies in earlier in the year lol. Momma wanted deer meat and that's what she got!
                      Missed this...dang good first muzzleloader killer right there...congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats Tyler, Colton and Johnny!!! Good stuff

Comment

Johnny, thats just fantastic. I sure enjoy putting others on a deer.

Comment

Man, y'all are some killin' machines! I've got the grinding meat from my axis doe in the back of my truck. Gonna drop it off this afternoon and get one more batch of sausage/ground meat done. I hope to get to go back at least one more time and get a crack at that big ol buck that has been eluding me all year. I haven't even seen him live this year, but my Covert is sending me pics of him pretty regular... Well, him and a couple of his buddies that will get whacked if they step out before he does. Good luck to all you guys who still have tags left use use with them smoke-poles.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                              in for the ride
                              x2 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                                Great job Johnny, my stepson sure likes to shoot them but I sure wish he would get more into the hunting and nature part of it. You brought them two up right, with all of the electronics now kids being outdoors has fell of over the years since I grew up.

My boy Colton is an old soul I guess you could say. He doesn't have an instagram/twitter account (his decision) but does have a facebook that he rarely posts on. He was raised listening to old school country music and that is all that he listens to. If you throw some hip hop/rap music in front of him, he has no clue who they are. Heck, I even listen to some good ol hip hop from time to time. Now my step son Brett is just about the same. Loves him some good old school country. He's going on 22 come March...we call him Bocephus. He's about 6'4", 280 pds or so, very kind hearted fella, loves guns and a strong whiskey n coke. Sure love these 2 boys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	myboys1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	24424208

Comment

Working...
                                X