No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well stayed out in the rain till 11 and didnt see anything. But what I did see on the walk back was someone's fresh corn pile and they just left the bag stuffed between the branch of the tree..next to the pile of corn. Also a empty bag of acorn rage just laying on the ground! Littering is not cool it ticks me off! I wish I could have had some words with guy!

Comment

I was walking back last Tuesday and saw a corn bag with an acorn Rage bag right beside it on the side of the trail (smh) . I went over to go pick it up. And just before I did, noticed that it had been used for another purpose. And I wasn't about to touch it then. Am I the only one here that carries TP?

But I do agree. All trash should be carried out.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
        No hunting for me this weekend I have smoker duty tonight, my daughter's engagement party Saturday then catch up.on my sleep. To everyone hunting these next 3 days good luck.
        And to kennyb congratulations on your 1st doe!
        Thanks storm
        Attached Files

Comment

Haha sorry TG glad you noticed! Just boggles my mind carry 40 pounds of corn in and can't take out a weightless bag ��

Comment

Good doe KennyB! Congrats!

Comment

Didnt see anything this morning. Heading back ou in the morning on what will probably be my last hunt at whitney for the season. Hopefully a critter willshow. Its been a good year. Seen lots of deer and killed two doe. I wish the rest of you good hunting and good luck for the rest of it. Hope yall get a wall hanger.

Comment

The best to ya in the morning Justin.

Comment

Thanks mike

Comment

Dang it justin maybe you can still get out there during the Christmas and new years breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I was walking back last Tuesday and saw a corn bag with an acorn Rage bag right beside it on the side of the trail (smh) . I went over to go pick it up. And just before I did, noticed that it had been used for another purpose. And I wasn't about to touch it then. Am I the only one here that carries TP?

But I do agree. All trash should be carried out.

Always carry mountain money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Good doe KennyB! Congrats!
                        Thanks tg

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                          Always carry mountain money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yah, it can get expensive out there if you don't have any. And someone else dose.

I witnessed one hunter in a parking lot one year that was trying to get another to just give him 3 sheet-lets off a limited supply the other hunter had. The other hunter with the TP was worried he wouldn't have enough if he needed it. So the sale was never made. And the hunter begging for some "went without", so to speak.

Comment

Back when there was a guns season on the lake for deer, back in the 1980s-1990s, I had a couple of buddies I used to hunt with there and else where. We hunted the archery season there a couple of times too. One year early on, there were three of us in camp during one of hunts. And after coming back to camp at noon, he was missing part of his shirt-tail, usually in the front, from his button up shirt. We got around to asking what happened. And he said he left it hanging on a bush. From then on we would notice that it was a regular thing with him. I'm not sure how many button-up shirts he went through during our time together over the years. But you would think that someone would learn after a while.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-26-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

The two most important things when hunting public land #1 bow, #2 TP!!!

Comment

So anybody out hunting this afternoon? We did a little more thanksgiving today or I would have been. Wanted to go this morning but took one look at the radar and went back to sleep. Sure looks like a good day for it though

Comment

Working...
                                X