Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowhunterKPH View Post
    STORM, I can't Thank you and your Son enough for your help on Saturday. You are both Great People in my book! Thanks for all the feedback. I'll keep after it and I'm sure I'll have success eventually!
    You'll get one soon Khris you've found a good area. Keep after it!

Comment

Originally posted by PSE Chase View Post
      I've hunted around the 2 lakes a lot the past 6 years usually the same few spots and never had any problems have always meet good people in the areas I hunt but this past weekend ran into some people that think the own the property with stands that they have came in and put in the last week and they don't want you walking down the main road through place and they have no problem telling you about it so be careful out there.
      Yeah.... That's when ya say "Cheese" and snap their picture with your cell phone, and one of their truck at the road maybe. I thought bullying ended in High School - maybe everyone got the memo except the bullies haha

Being an advocate for hunting, wildlife conservation, and trying to get folks not only interested but passionate about the adventure of the outdoors means being exactly that - an advocate. Bullying is everything opposite of being a mature representative of the lifestyle in my opinion.

Yeah its frustrating to have someone come into or through your hunting area after all your hard work but after you take a breath, it is in the end public land and it is to be shared. Respectfully.
      Last edited by Super Six-Four; 11-21-2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

TG, thanks for the heads up. Glad Cecil is doing well. I was a little worried that things might not be going well with him. He's always treated me well and friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post
          They told me that they usually just throw the birds away cuz no one wants to clean em
          This has always been a soar spot with me. Glad you got the chance to put them to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
            This has always been a soar spot with me. Glad you got the chance to put them to good use.

Heck yes it is a sore spot for sure with me that's why I took the extra time and effort to do it myself even told the guys if they wanted some of Em that I cleaned they could but they weren't interested lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea TG I'm working 2 full time jobs, and guiding fishing trips still. Plus raising a family. Not much time for anything

Comment

even tho I missed deer or duck Huntin this awesome cold weather cuz had to work this weekend (planting bird for a field trial) I still brought home quite a bit of good vittles from work....... They told me that they usually just throw the birds away cuz no one wants to clean em[emoji35]

What kind of birds are those?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                  What kind of birds are those?

Quail

Comment

Quail

I need friends with these kinds of problems. Love me some quail.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                      Yea TG I'm working 2 full time jobs, and guiding fishing trips still. Plus raising a family. Not much time for anything

Family? Well, congrats then. I had no idea.

Comment

I spilled a little corn today. The first place I went, someone had just finished setting up about 60 yards away complete with flagging tape. So I went to an old trail that I've killed over before. Found two fresh scrapes with lick branches about 12 yards apart. So I drug up a little brush blind 25 yards away. Now I just have to go sit there.

Comment

even tho i missed deer or duck huntin this awesome cold weather cuz had to work this weekend (planting bird for a field trial) i still brought home quite a bit of good vittles from work....... They told me that they usually just throw the birds away cuz no one wants to clean em[emoji35]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                          are they nuts?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            are they nuts?

Yes yes they are lol.... Actually I'm pretty sure most of them have freezers full of quail and pheasant is the reason

Comment

Yes yes they are lol.... Actually I'm pretty sure most of them have freezers full of quail and pheasant is the reason

Well, if ya get to many to handle, I know a team at Bownanza that can batter and drop them in with some fish.
                              You should try battered deep fried ribs sometime too. Heaven sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                You should try battered deep fried ribs sometime too. Heaven sent!
                                Oh man, now that sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                                X