No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a chance to get back in the woods this evening. This is only my second sit of the season. The new job has taken away a lot of my free time but my family is worth it. Hoping to just get left alone for a while and seeing a deer will be a bonus. Got corn on the ground and will try to get back over the weekend. Good luck everybody & stay safe.

Comment

Anything HG?

Comment

Good to see ya post-n Homegrown.

Comment

Buddy I was with shot a nice eating size sow that we hauled out but no deer showed up. Still enjoyed just being in the woods for the evening.

Comment

About time you got back out there Homegrown.

Comment

Been pretty slow for me this year. I haven't been as much as usual and not as many deer being saw as before. Hoping to get out there a week straight here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here TO. Been off work since Aug and was hoping to put a little time in out there. But the weather hasn't been where I like it. And I've had a project here at the house I just finished up last week. Was going to go put out corn yesterday after the game. But my brother had shot a pretty good buck Saturday in very far East Texas. And wanted to know where to take it to get it processed and caped for mount. So I hung around here last night till he got here. Then road to the processor with him. I have some things I need to get done this morning anyway. Maybe I'll spill some corn tomorrow. And hunt it Wed. Shouldn't be as many people out then anyway. May just duck hunt and fish over the holidays. And let all the rest of folks deer hunt. Then hunt the mid weeks.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-21-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Coop, I talked with Cecil last night. He's still open. His business phone was down. And his road side sign is down. But he answered his cell. Stopped in and talked with him a bit with my brother. He said things have been kinda slow.

Comment

Saw two doe yesterday. Its slow wonder if the chasing is done? Maybe all shacked up already?

Comment

I've hunted around the 2 lakes a lot the past 6 years usually the same few spots and never had any problems have always meet good people in the areas I hunt but this past weekend ran into some people that think the own the property with stands that they have came in and put in the last week and they don't want you walking down the main road through place and they have no problem telling you about it so be careful out there.

Comment

Well your either legal or not. That's why I carry where ever I go. Never know when you may have to defend yourself from a whacko meth head. By carry I mean a big stick. wink wink

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                          Well we helped BowhunterKPH with another attempt to find his deer but never found anything after last blood. If you guys need some help looking for a deer post up there may be someone that can come help, or have the pH number of the guys with tracking dogs for the area you hunt. There's no shame in loosing a deer (it happens) at least you know you tried to find it. Get back out there Khris you did your homework and found a great area and you'll get another chance this season .
                          STORM, I can't Thank you and your Son enough for your help on Saturday. You are both Great People in my book! Thanks for all the feedback. I'll keep after it and I'm sure I'll have success eventually!

Comment

Originally posted by PSE Chase View Post
                            I've hunted around the 2 lakes a lot the past 6 years usually the same few spots and never had any problems have always meet good people in the areas I hunt but this past weekend ran into some people that think the own the property with stands that they have came in and put in the last week and they don't want you walking down the main road through place and they have no problem telling you about it so be careful out there.
                            They can talk all they want to me. If I ain't got my hear-n aids in, then it's just wasted babbage and energy . I'd just have to smile, give a friendly wave, and walk on by if I did hear something.
                            Besides, they should know better than to hang on or near a road where everybody walks , or to expect foot traffic. Must not have much up in the "attic" .

Comment

even tho I missed deer or duck Huntin this awesome cold weather cuz had to work this weekend (planting bird for a field trial) I still brought home quite a bit of good vittles from work....... They told me that they usually just throw the birds away cuz no one wants to clean em[emoji35]

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post

even tho I missed deer or duck Huntin this awesome cold weather cuz had to work this weekend (planting bird for a field trial) I still brought home quite a bit of good vittles from work....... They told me that they usually just throw the birds away cuz no one wants to clean em[emoji35]

So your BBQing for everybody here?

J/k. Good to see ya make use of-em.

Comment

Working...
                                X