Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
    oohhhhh.. so you shoot through the little monitor and not through the scope itself. pretty nifty.
    Yes. You look at the screen just like a scope but no eye relief etc. The screen I am using now works fine but I think its too big. Its 3 1/2" diagonally so I am looking at one that is 1 1/2" for my next build. With it that small I should be able to use a viewfinder so it will be more like a regular scope.

I will say, it was an interesting feeling when I shot the first pig with it. I snuck up on him and shot him.( that property is very thick, almost no open areas, mostly just trails ) As soon as the rifle fired I lifted my head to see where/if he ran ( he didnt ) and it was pitch black.....duh. Had to look back through the screen to see him laying there. It is easy to forget that you are walking around the woods in the pitch black with no light......

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
        I found a 5x yesterday and put it on layaway. I was told they stopped making the 5x also. If you had to choose hitch one would you get? I plan on upgrading the IR too.
        Sorry just saw this. The resolution on the 3.5X is noticeably better than the 5x. The IR is better on the 5x but not enough to make the picture better. I myself would probably just get the 3.5x and get the doubler if you need the higher magnification. I need to get off my butt and get the DVR for them so I can post some videos of the 2.

Comment

Comment

Thats cool. I like that switch. I dont really care for the cords though. The sightmsrk on is very essy to uss as well. Just push the button, only one cord, and its cheaper.

Comment

I'm selling the UNV MDVR now and it's really really nice. The built-in 2.5" LCD is an awesome feature and really handy. As Chuy mentioned the cords are a negative and the Sightmark recorder (I stock that too) is much more compact since it connects to the small picatinny rail on the side of the Photon. There are pros and cons to both and it often comes down to what you want to spend.

It should be noted that the MDVR does not come with a cable to connect it to an optic, such as the Photon. That must be purchased separately and the retail price of the UNV cable for the Photon is an additional $29.95.

Again, both are really nice, it just depends on which style you want.

- Jason

Comment

Jason is great to deal with! I ordered a 3.5x42, doubler and 20 IR for the souped up version of the photon since the x-sight appears to be a fairy tale.

Everything came in today. Thanks again Jason!

Comment

Have you been going mad to play with that thing or what? Wondering about that doubler too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                    Have you been going mad to play with that thing or what? Wondering about that doubler too.

I got it for the increased magnification, but it's also suppose to increase the clarity based on everything I have read. I've been goofing off with it in the office a little.

Comment

I have to say....Jason is the man.
                      Superb customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        I got it for the increased magnification, but it's also suppose to increase the clarity based on everything I have read. I've been goofing off with it in the office a little.
                        Be sure to let us know how you like the doubler. I got the 3.5 photon and the 20 IR from Jason and have been thinking about the doubler.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words and the business guys, I really appreciate it! Keep the reviews coming, good or bad, I want to hear what everyone thinks, so I can pass along the word to other potential customers.

As of right now, I've still got a few Photons in stock as well as the 20IR's, doublers, video recorders etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            Be sure to let us know how you like the doubler. I got the 3.5 photon and the 20 IR from Jason and have been thinking about the doubler.

Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                              Thanks for the kind words and the business guys, I really appreciate it! Keep the reviews coming, good or bad, I want to hear what everyone thinks, so I can pass along the word to other potential customers.

As of right now, I've still got a few Photons in stock as well as the 20IR's, doublers, video recorders etc.
                              Can you check the recorder cable plug-in? The one I bought from you the cable that plugs-in to the scope does not fit. It is too small and does not stay connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                                Can you check the recorder cable plug-in? The one I bought from you the cable that plugs-in to the scope does not fit. It is too small and does not stay connected.

Shoot me a PM or feel free to call me on my cell. I want to be 100% sure I'm clear on the problem. I think you bought the Sightmark CVR640...I'm not in front of my laptop or I'd look. Sightmark will warranty any defects if there are any so don't worry, I'll make it right whatever it takes.

- Jason

Comment

Working...
                                X