Schleicher County free range exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schleicher County free range exotics

Have any of the Schleicher County hunters seen free range exotics on their place?

The sutton county axis thread spurred this question.

I'm about 15 miles NW of Eldorado. We've never seen any exotics on our place.

But, I grew up hunting Sutton County and there were exotics all over the place. Our hunting lease is only about 50 miles away as the crow flies.

My buddy has a lease off of Toe Nail Trail and they saw axis this past season for the first time.

Comment

Scimitar Horned Oryx were on the Mertz09 when i used to hunt out there, just on the wrong side of the fence from us and few Black buck

Comment

I am on a lease just souteast of Eldorado and there are elk. Some of the other guys that have been the lease longer have seen black buck and sika on camera.

Comment

North of Eldorado 8 miles, have seen 1 blackbuck doe. Taxidermy in town claims they are coming from the east along with the hogs from the san saba river.

Comment

Between Eldorado and Fort McKavett. Had around 5-10 Axis last year. Occasional black buck makes its way in.

Comment

I hunt off toe nail and we are covered up in black bucks after the fires around us this summer we started getting axis on camera and my daughter took an axis doe a few weeks ago also seen 2 spotted fallow does this summer as well

Comment

A hunter on our lease north of Eldorado has some axis on camera but none have been seen in person. Or is it, seen in axis? Lol

Comment

We have lots of Blackbuck and some axis.

Comment

A few axis on us. Blackbuck in the area just haven’t seen them yet

Comment

We are at Ft McKavett and have axis all over the ranch. Killed several last year, rancher hates them and wants them gone.

Comment

I hunted on a 12,000 acre ranch outside of Sonora a little ways and the place was covered in big black bucks. I was there to hunt them and took home a really great one

Comment

Working...
                        X