No announcement yet.

Double Down attraction capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure doesn't take make to get #1 fan boy worked up!

As far as an attracting deer from all accounts from users DD does just that. From what I gather they eat alot more and body weights go up but I haven't heard many say they have seen big increases in antler size. So if you want to bring an in and have fat deer it might be the feed for you. We don't have a problem keeping deer around so not worth the added cost imo.
    Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 04-18-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I just purchased some DD and put out. It was 13.25 a bag for the DD which is about what I was paying for antler max 20. Sometimes I can get in the 12.25 to 12.75 for the antler max and other times it is 13 plus dollars as well. Really not a huge difference in price to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        I just purchased some DD and put out. It was 13.25 a bag for the DD which is about what I was paying for antler max 20. Sometimes I can get in the 12.25 to 12.75 for the antler max and other times it is 13 plus dollars as well. Really not a huge difference in price to me.

Think I pay 10.50 or 10.25 for LE and when feeding what we do it adds up in a hurry. Now our feed bill is nothing to what some on here are feeding. Would have to go back and look to see exactly what we are paying. Then take into account if consumption increases it adds up even more. Like I said not worth it imo to have fat deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
          What facts can you add to your opinion? Why are you so mad at Holden and Double Down? Why are you, TKK, and GingiB so butt hurt?
          Peyton, I will chime in here.
          First off, I think DD is a GREAT feed. I have fed a lot of it. Second, I love what Bret is doing over on the Holden pasture. It's Awesome!!!
          I think what annoys people is the fact that THEY(Holden group) put up high fence to keep the deer from jumping the fence and getting killed by certain neighbors. Then put "LOW FENCE" in every title. It don't bother me, but I can see some peoples point on that.

Comment

Oh, and to the original question, Yes deer spend more time eating DD than other feeds.
            They eat a lot more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
              What facts can you add to your opinion? Why are you so mad at Holden and Double Down? Why are you, TKK, and GingiB so butt hurt?
              Just your post above is a perfect example - butt hurt? No...... just rational people not buying into the hype that you have chosen to buy into

I am not mad at holden or DD. Never said it was not a good feed. If any other feed company was doing the same silly "over promotion" of their feed I would feel the same

What I (and many many others object to) is the over promotion, info commercial type hype that the DD people put out.

Some of us have been around long enough to recognize the exaggeration
              when we see it. Some of the sensationalized claims about what this feed does is silly IMO.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of hunters out there cannot put feeders out every 100 acres and do not have an unlimited feed bill. It is very close to being a feed lot whether you want to admit it or not. I have even read claims that "deer will pass up natural browse so they can eat DD feed" - who in their right mind would believe that if you know anything about free range deer?

So for the average hunter, feeding enough DD to produce 200 inch deer will never happen. But the promotion draws people in on the hope that they too can reproduce what Holdens ranch does. I do not like seeing people being taken advantage of and spending their hard earned money on promoters. So if you think that is being "butt hurt" then go ahead and believe that.

Last but not least - if anyone dares to question the miracle feed, the "soldiers" come out in force to bash anyone who dares question their feed - please observe what your response will be to this post - you will prove my point by your response.
              Last edited by TKK; 04-18-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                Just your post above is a perfect example - butt hurt? No...... just rational people not buying into the hype that you have chosen to buy into

I am not mad at holden or DD. Never said it was not a good feed. If any other feed company was doing the same silly "over promotion" of their feed I would feel the same

What I (and many many others object to) is the over promotion, info commercial type hype that the DD people put out.

Some of us have been around long enough to recognize the exaggeration
                when we see it. Some of the sensationalized claims about what this feed does is silly IMO.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of hunters out there cannot put feeders out every 100 acres and do not have an unlimited feed bill. It is very close to being a feed lot whether you want to admit it or not. I have even read claims that "deer will pass up natural browse so they can eat DD feed" - who in their right mind would believe that if you know anything about free range deer?

So for the average hunter, feeding enough DD to produce 200 inch deer will never happen. But the promotion draws people in on the hope that they too can reproduce what Holdens ranch does. I do not like seeing people being taken advantage of and spending their hard earned money on promoters.

Last but not least - if anyone dares to question the miracle feed, the "soldiers" come out in force to bash anyone who dares question their feed - please observe what your response will be to this post -

SO, what do I mean by "there is a sucker born every minute?" - I will let you ponder on that
                Very very well said..... I agree 100 percent with your post. Except for the last sentence I'll stay out of y'alls bickering

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Very very well said..... I agree 100 percent with your post. Except for the last sentence I'll stay out of y'alls bickering
                  LOL I deleted the last sentence just for you - I do not like bickering either - you made a good point

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                    LOL I deleted the last sentence just for you - I do not like bickering either - you made a good point

Comment

Double Down attraction capabilities

I’m Not currently feeding protein... but can DD or any of the others be broadcast out of a timed corn feeder? I’m sure it’s not ideal, but better than nothing I reckon.

Comment

I think its a great product and kudos to him for growing an awesome place. ThereÂ’s no doubt he changed the bell curve on his place but i have some questions after listening to his podcast on youtube with wildbuck. If its so great why do they still feed cottonseed. Peanuts grow underground, do deer even eat them in the wild or do they eat the plant? If they claim its not for penned deer cuz forage is needed with it, then why brag about deer making their biggest jumps at 11 years old because they have no teeth and only being able to eat double down cuz how palatable it is. If the deer live at the protein feeder and you shut them off to run timed feeders during the day, why did it take 44 hunts to kill your deer. And most importantly how was he able to make 44 hunts during bow season(i am hating on that cuz jealousy). That being said, i think the higher tdn makes it great and helps but i think his success has more to do with his management program than type of protein he feeds but if you can afford it cant hurt to try it

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
                          I think its a great product and kudos to him for growing an awesome place. ThereÂ’s no doubt he changed the bell curve on his place but i have some questions after listening to his podcast on youtube with wildbuck. If its so great why do they still feed cottonseed. Peanuts grow underground, do deer even eat them in the wild or do they eat the plant? If they claim its not for penned deer cuz forage is needed with it, then why brag about deer making their biggest jumps at 11 years old because they have no teeth and only being able to eat double down cuz how palatable it is. If the deer live at the protein feeder and you shut them off to run timed feeders during the day, why did it take 44 hunts to kill your deer. And most importantly how was he able to make 44 hunts during bow season(i am hating on that cuz jealousy). That being said, i think the higher tdn makes it great and helps but i think his success has more to do with his management program than type of protein he feeds but if you can afford it cant hurt to try it

I am feeding Bee County Coop feed. My deer eat WAY less than when I was feeding DD.
                          Feed bill has been knocked way down. My deer are Fat and Sassy.
                          Guess they are getting all they need and don't need to stand at the feeder 24/7.
                          Bee County Coop only uses the best quality feed products, no fillers.
                          Trust me, they told me so, only top quality stuff!!!

Comment

In my experience from North Texas to West Texas... big mature bucks don't like to be near feeders at all. In fact, all my big deer stay 40+ yards away from them when chasing doe, and they have one specific pattern, living nocturnal.... and it is absolutely frustrating for a bow hunter. But, you will get lucky in November..

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post

I am feeding Bee County Coop feed. My deer eat WAY less than when I was feeding DD.
                              Feed bill has been knocked way down. My deer are Fat and Sassy.
                              Guess they are getting all they need and don't need to stand at the feeder 24/7.
                              Bee County Coop only uses the best quality feed products, no fillers.
                              Trust me, they told me so, only top quality stuff!!!
                              + if you buy 12 tons, delivery is free.
                              It is $380/ton for 17% and $420/ton for 20%.
                              If I were you Black Gold, I would put either DD or this Superior Bee County coop feed in your spin feeder with your corn and feed it timed with your corn.
                              Last edited by bukkskin; 04-18-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                                Peyton, I will chime in here.
                                First off, I think DD is a GREAT feed. I have fed a lot of it. Second, I love what Bret is doing over on the Holden pasture. It's Awesome!!!
                                I think what annoys people is the fact that THEY(Holden group) put up high fence to keep the deer from jumping the fence and getting killed by certain neighbors. Then put "LOW FENCE" in every title. It don't bother me, but I can see some peoples point on that.

Let’s clarify...you do not line up a fence line with 30+ Temporary feeder pens while you pay for a high fence to be put up to keep deer from jumping out....you do this to get them to jump in.

Frankly I have nothing against the feed...Holden has screwed a lot of people over that have gotten on his lease only to be denied to shoot a buck but when they left after a weekend hunt...Holden’s buddy’s or family shot the deer. It’s a proven fact if you are not in his click you will be used just to fill a spot. Frankly I’m surprised someone hasn’t really whipped his short *ss really good.

And yes he has done a lot a good things for hunts for kids, etc...but if we are gonna call a spade a spade then we will call the whole spade - not just the positive half people want to talk about.

Again I have nothing against the feed...

As far as Peyton ...he seems to get his Napoleon panties in a wad when either Holden or DD gets commented on.

Comment

Working...
                                X