Couple lease rules being questioned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple lease rules being questioned.

1st of all the guest rule. We have the rule immediate family....one member interprets this rule as your father, mother, brother, sister, wife and kids. My opinion is family members that live with you.

2nd he wants to split a membership....his dad and another members dad want to split a membership. Never have had this come up before but my opinion is if we split their membership that's like adding a member at half price. Everyone was on the same page at keeping it at 12 members and no more then they come up with this when I said no guest outside the family that lives in your house.

What are yalls opinions on these rules?

Picture of the caliber of deer we are trying to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As long as everybody agrees on whatever your lease rules are, they're good rules.

Comment

Sounds like he needs to find another lease. It starts with just those rules...bend a little and it will be a lot more rules broken in the future.

Comment

no split memberships,, family means in the house

Comment

I wouldn’t do a split membership. Our lease specifies different rules for family living under our roof, and other guests.

Comment

1/2 membership .
            Same amount of stands .
            If each member is aloud 2 stands then it's 2 stands not 4.
            Same allotment of animals
            Did you define what immediate family members meant?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              1/2 membership .
              Same amount of stands .
              If each member is aloud 2 stands then it's 2 stands not 4.
              Same allotment of animals
              Did you define what immediate family members meant?

Once we defined living under your roof the split membership came up. Honestly I would split 1 with my dad and do 1 trophy and 2 does each, we don't have designated areas, still be able to hunt the 14 club feeder/stands for half the price. I mean it's not like I would ever shoot my 2 trophies allowed now anyway so basically me and dad split a spot and get all the same benefits at half the cost. Just doesn't seem legit to me.

Comment

If we allow split members we should just go to 24 members at 900 per gun and a allotment of 1 buck 2 doe.

What we have now is 12 members 1800 per gun. 2 buck 4 doe.

We have 14 club spots. There is plenty of room to hunt your own scouted areas in between any of those spots, worked out well last year. All club spots have feeders feeding year around that are paid for with your dues.

Comment

Nope Keep it Simple. I wouldn't split it

Comment

More members = more conflict, always.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                      Once we defined living under your roof the split membership came up. Honestly I would split 1 with my dad and do 1 trophy and 2 does each, we don't have designated areas, still be able to hunt the 14 club feeder/stands for half the price. I mean it's not like I would ever shoot my 2 trophies allowed now anyway so basically me and dad split a spot and get all the same benefits at half the cost. Just doesn't seem legit to me.

I know some clubs do it. I guess it's all on how you look at it,and what the other members think about. That is what the biggest concern should be. But like others have said once you start bending rules where do you stop?

Comment

We tried the half membership one year with two unrelated guys and it was nothing but a headache. I would not allow that at all.

Comment

No splitting memberships...One has his name on the lease, is responsible and all others accompanies are always considered guest of said member who is officially on the lease.

Like stated, you can double membership...what's next?? Splitting it 4 ways & they all get keys??

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            Sounds like he needs to find another lease. It starts with just those rules...bend a little and it will be a lot more rules broken in the future.
                            Yep

Immediate family is your wife and kids and I wouldn’t let anyone split

Comment

Sounds like he can’t afford the lease

Comment

Working...
                              X