Traveling with firearms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with firearms???

I'm in the process in moving from Texas to St Louis and next weekend I'm going to drive my truck to St Louis along with my firearms. I have a relocation package with my work, but they are not interested in moving more than 10 guns (don't understand why and really would rather do it). Besides being cased, out of reach, and not packed with ammo. Are there any concerns I should have? Should I notify law enforcement? I'm somewhat concerned as I will need to transport 50+ guns. Thoughts?

I can hold on to them for you until you come back to your senses and move back to Texas! Way too risky hauling guns through Arkansas!

Comment

What they don't know won't hurt them. I say do it in stealth mode. You can make the drive in one day.

Comment

All legal. Cover them up. Don't say a word. Don't draw attention. Drive on.

When I moved from Odessa to Georgetown I had a heck of a time moving all mine. Especially the ammo. I took it to my moms in Leander one trip at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          All legal. Cover them up. Don't say a word. Don't draw attention. Drive on.

When I moved from Odessa to Georgetown I had a heck of a time moving all mine. Especially the ammo. I took it to my moms in Leander one trip at a time.
          He's crossing several state lines though and needs to know the particular gun laws in those states.

To the OP, I'd research each state you plan on traveling to and find out what their gun laws are for traveling with a weapon. More than likely it's what T8 said, concealed and unloaded but they may be as lax as Texas too. Safe travels in your move.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            He's crossing several state lines though and needs to know the particular gun laws in those states.

To the OP, I'd research each state you plan on traveling to and find out what their gun laws are for traveling with a weapon. More than likely it's what T8 said, concealed and unloaded but they may be as lax as Texas too. Safe travels in your move.
            Well I assumed they were all legal lol. I'm just hesitant letting ANYONE know about a move like that.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Well I assumed they were all legal lol. I'm just hesitant letting ANYONE know about a move like that.

Yeah I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think as long as you are not going into Illinois, you should be ok with cased, unloaded guns, out of sight. I would look into chl reciprocity of the states you are going through, so you keep one loaded in the vehicle, if you have a chl, should have said that first, seem to take it for granted everyone has one. Good luck with the move, and hurry back.

Comment

I go to Missouri once a year. I found this helpful.

Comment

Can I borrow like 40 cases from someone?

Comment

When you get to St. Louis make a drive west on I 70 to st Peters stop in at Mikes bait and tackle Mike runs an archery shop with bait and tackle on the side tell him your from Texas and Scott sent ya in he will take good care of you. I moved from Missouri to Texas with a pile of guns 20 years ago and plan to move back in about 6 years with a larger pile of guns.

Comment

I moved the opposite, from Missouri to Texas. Didn't have enough cases and ended up with the back seat of my truck filled with guns in cases and wrapped in blankets. All made it fine. Just don't speed in Arkansas or they will stop you. The above link should cover the legal side.

Comment

Never leave Texas.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

I moved from TX to KY with all of mine, and the ammo/reloading supplies. Had to stop in WI first, so IL was a distant worry for me. Other than a huge snow storm, it was uneventful. The areas you're traveling through are gun friendly, provided you mind the traffic laws and don't bring attention to yourself. Safe travels.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                              When you get to St. Louis make a drive west on I 70 to st Peters stop in at Mikes bait and tackle Mike runs an archery shop with bait and tackle on the side tell him your from Texas and Scott sent ya in he will take good care of you. I moved from Missouri to Texas with a pile of guns 20 years ago and plan to move back in about 6 years with a larger pile of guns.
                              I'll do that. I went to Summit Archery yesterday and it wasn't bad. I miss Cinammon Creek

Comment

Working...
                              X