No announcement yet.

Wiring a road feeder- Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wired the switch for mine "permanently" to the dash. My dad said "what if I want to use it on my truck?" I said "Reckon you better get you some wire and a switch!" I think it was 25 bucks from All Seasons.

Comment

Does anyone know where to get the female connection that fell off the road feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by bm2134 View Post
        Does anyone know where to get the female connection that fell off the road feeder?
        You talking about the 2 prong?

I get them at auto parts store. I buy the “extension” and cut in half and have 2

Comment

Yes sir, thank you. Like an o’Reilly auto parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            You talking about the 2 prong?

I get them at auto parts store. I buy the “extension” and cut in half and have 2

Tractor supply also carries them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bm2134 View Post
              Yes sir, thank you. Like an o’Reilly auto parts?
              Yes. Be by trailer plugs and wiring

Comment

I used a 50' cheap orange extension cord from WM, wired inline with a on/off switch and a 12V aux. plug or better known as a cigarette lighter plug . Anyways, I switch the road feeder out on my crewcab, SUV, Jeep, ATV, Tractor, just coil the excess wire up. We often make a feed pass in the shooting lanes at night/early AM. I do not like using lights/turn signals when feeding in the dark. Very few nights do I need the vehicle lights.

Comment

I have had several hooked into the horn wiring witch worked awesome because your never fumble if around in the dark looking for the switch but on my Polaris there is no horn so I had to use the remote that came with the feeder. However next year I’m planning on wiring in one of those big foot trolling motor switches to the floor.
                  Like this one

Comment

How I’ve done last 2 super duty’s

Too easy
                    Attached Files

Comment

My hunting truck is only that, so I just cut the wires off the horn, wired them to the feeder. Works like a charm!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        My hunting truck is only that, so I just cut the wires off the horn, wired them to the feeder. Works like a charm!
                        For a daily driver you can do the same. Just run a wire to horn with male connection. When you go hunting unplug horn and plug it into feeder. Honk horn with no sound other than feeder spinning

Comment

Here’s another option. It takes a lil more “want to”.
                          There’s a pin in the 7 pin trailer connector that can be made to have 12volts constantly. I had to add a fuse under the hood for mine to become hot. Buy a male 7-pin trailer plug and wire in a wireless remote operated switch on that hot pin. I use “The Remote”. Mount receiver unit of switch on road feeder. Keep wireless push button remote in center console of truck. Attach the feeder motor to remote operated switch as described in instructions.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                              I used a 50' cheap orange extension cord from WM, wired inline with a on/off switch and a 12V aux. plug or better known as a cigarette lighter plug . Anyways, I switch the road feeder out on my crewcab, SUV, Jeep, ATV, Tractor, just coil the excess wire up. We often make a feed pass in the shooting lanes at night/early AM. I do not like using lights/turn signals when feeding in the dark. Very few nights do I need the vehicle lights.
                              This is what we did---could swap the feeder back and forth between all the members' trucks.

Comment

I wired mine to turn the right turn signal on, push the break more than 1/2 way, be in reverse then hit the bright lights with the wheel turned all the way to the left and it throws..

Comment

Working...
                                X