Well, I fell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I fell...

Hey all, I don't post a lot of threads. I like to chime in on score threads, equipment threads or to let people know a sent a prayer for them. Well this is me asking for a prayer for recovery. On Sunday morning on the last morning of the season I had the last step come out of the tree I was climbing as I stepped on a stand. This was an old stand and there was no climbing rope. I fell about 23 feet. Compression fractures from T12 to L4. I also had to have my C3/C5 fused. Now looking at three months in a back and neck brace may prevent future surgeries. I do know I will never climb a stand that doesn't have a safety rope and I'll always use my lineman belt. I may be a ground blind guy from here on out. Time will tell. I know we all know this can happen but hopefully this post will make at least one of you start wearing your harness every time you climb to your stand. God bless, hug you family. I'm thankful I still can mine.

Chris

WOW! Hate to hear this. Thanks for sharing your story, as hopefully it will prevent somebody else from a similar accident. Prayers for speedy and full recovery, Chris.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Prayers for a smooth recovery!

Comment

Prayers up that you heal up quick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow!
          Glad you are going to be ok!
          I have seldom used tree stands or ladder stands but plan to do more so in the future.
          I have always used the safety ropes and harnesses because I was nervous and unsure.
          Good reminder to not get complacent and to always use the safety gear.

Comment

Wow! Hopefully you'll recover well.

Comment

Good luck on the recovery.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                    Wow!
                    Glad you are going to be ok!
                    I have seldom used tree stands or ladder stands but plan to do more so in the future.
                    I have always used the safety ropes and harnesses because I was nervous and unsure.
                    Good reminder to not get complacent and to always use the safety gear.
                    Complacency is part of my problem and over confidence in my climbing. I've hunted out of tree stands for over 20 years. When choosing this one I knew there would be no safety equipment on the tree but I thought no big deal. I was painfully wrong. Good luck out there.

Comment

Prayers up for a speedy recovery. Thanks for posting, might save someone else from falling!

Comment

prayers up for a fast and full recovery

Comment

Prayers for you, thanks for sharing, could be the reminder that some of us need so that we take all precautions.

Comment

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery

Comment

Prayers sent....

Comment

Working...
                              X