No announcement yet.

ELITE GUYS Speeds????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Elite Hunter...29.5" @ 70lbs i believe was around 290 fps back when i got it. I only shot it through chrono when i had it set up originally so i can't remember the exact speed. I don't pay much attention to speeds. All i know is any of them are fast enough to blow through an animal and my Elite is the smoothest best draw cycle i've ever owned. I love their bows.

Comment

2011 elite hunter 28.5", 72#,
      440 gr arrow, 280 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        They were saying this in 2010 when I was looking to replace my Mathews Drenalin ... We have one more year according to them. lol.

I am not a speed freak but I do like a little pep with a combination of smooth. Actual 300-305 ish is a perfect speed to me. Those nut breaking bows like the Omen, DNA or any of the 5" brace height Monsters (XLR8 I think) don't do anything for me. If they are gonna break 400 it better be a smooth draw with a solid back wall and it better not bust my forearm every shot.. Id rather shoot a Switchback XT than that.
        PSE is king of speed and they had to cheat in my opinion to get the new bow to 370 (5.75 brace height) I don't like them.

I have the PSE evo running 310+ and it is CAKE to shoot and hold. I haven't shot a DNA but based on the same bow... I'm really surprised you call it a "nut buster". I wont sell this bow... I'll just keep it as a back up if I want to try something new.

If you hitting your forearm it is because your bow is set too long or your form is bad. don't blame the bow lol.

If elite would get a 70lb bow running 300+ with hunting gear I would be VERY VERY interested... I'm not sure I'm ready to go to a 80lb bow yet
        Last edited by catslayer; 12-19-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Elite Energy 28 in draw @ 65 lb's

Total arrow weight- 440 grains @ 280 fps

Comment

2016 Elite Synergy 68lb/29.5”
            Bloodsport Onyx 300s around 535 grains and I’m getting 250 FPS, roughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Gay
              I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                2011 Elite Pulse - 61lb - 29" draw......

342 gr Easton Flatline arrow...

Meta peep and D-loop

306-307 FPS

Love my Pulse. Smooth easy draw, solid backwall, can hold forever with a bad shoulder. I have tried to find others than make me want to get rid of it and get a new one but have not been able to justify getting rid of it yet.

Well this is no longer the case [emoji33][emoji1787][emoji23]

Still a great bow but I found a replacement.

Comment

I dont worry about speed any more thanks to the superior knowledge shared in that other thread.
                  I use 2lb arrows with a kitchen cleaver for a broadhead now.
                  Weight is everything.
                  The old GT is deadly AF now..animals die before its even out of the case.

Comment

Option 6
                    27" (yup short arms suck)
                    60lbs
                    365grain
                    284 fps

Comment

Wonder if the OP is still trying to make his decision 5 years later...

I'm still shooting the same bow as in my original post and it has killed quite a few animals since then...

Comment

2011 Elite Pure

55# @ 29”

450gr arrow

250fps

But I’m used to trad bows, so that’s just screaming to me!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2010 Judge with 60lb limbs @ 62lbs; 385grs, 302fps on my chrono. IBO was rated at 343-347 with 70lb and 350gr @ 30"DL. I have two Elite 2010 Judges with 60lbs limbs. The one above I shoot at 58lbs most of the time. The second at 62lbs set up for hogs. Both are also 28" DL.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 01-07-2020, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't buy another one. Slow was just one of this reasons but a significant one.

Gary

Comment

Tempo @72#s
                              480gr arrow at 273fps
                              I’ve been very pleased with this hard hitting set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X