X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    I think its called a chrysalis.
    Yes.

Sika...Ill wager that it randomly ended up your dogs nose...I believe you run hounds so...not a surprise. No further health danger should be posed.

Comment

Moth pupae. Which species? I’m uncertain.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Bottle it and take it to the vet.

Gary
        X2

Comment

Do you want to come on in for a minute? I think I got that card somewhere you are looking for....
          Attached Files

Comment

Ever heard of a Cuterebra? They are rare, but when you find one, you don’t forget it. Yes, they are maggots that can grow on dogs and cats.

Maybe this?

BP

Comment

I need an insect expert to tell me if it’s some kind of nasal bot pupa or cuterebra. If it’s something that’s a harmful parasite I need to know so I can take her to a vet to get checked for more.

If it’s a moth it most likely just got snorted up and sneezed out or stuck to the roof of her mouth and I don’t need to worry.

From what I’m reading on the internet, a bot doesn’t pupate in its host so that wouldn’t make much sense. If it doesn’t make sense to me, it probably won’t make sense to the vet either, unless by some chance he’s seen it before.

She sneezed a couple times this morning but nothing crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

I’m 99% sure my dog just sneezed this out. What is it?

Bot Fly in the pupae stage. Its about to sprout wings and fly. See them in deer all the time.

Comment

If the dog did indeed sneeze it out my vote is nasal bot. Just watched an episode of meat eater where they are Mexico and they check the deers nasal cavity for it and sure enough there were some in it. Claims the deer sneeze them out at some point. They are introduced by a fly leaving eggs in the nasal passage some how.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I vote Bot

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      I need an insect expert to tell me if it’s some kind of nasal bot pupa or cuterebra. If it’s something that’s a harmful parasite I need to know so I can take her to a vet to get checked for more.

If it’s a moth it most likely just got snorted up and sneezed out or stuck to the roof of her mouth and I don’t need to worry.

From what I’m reading on the internet, a bot doesn’t pupate in its host so that wouldn’t make much sense. If it doesn’t make sense to me, it probably won’t make sense to the vet either, unless by some chance he’s seen it before.

She sneezed a couple times this morning but nothing crazy

I’m not guessing. It is a moth.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        If the dog did indeed sneeze it out my vote is nasal bot. Just watched an episode of meat eater where they are Mexico and they check the deers nasal cavity for it and sure enough there were some in it. Claims the deer sneeze them out at some point. They are introduced by a fly leaving eggs in the nasal passage some how.

Sierracharlie out…
                        Google it. Its pretty amazing and nasty at the same time, how a Botfly lays eggs.

Comment

Working...
                        X